Compatibility issues or power issues

G

hello: I need some help with my new Hp Pavilion p6628p AMD Athlon X4 620 8 Gig system memory Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit ..I just installed my SAPPHIRE 4850x2 I replaced the 300 watts power supply that came along with the HP with a New 600 watts power supply ...I installed the lastest CATALYST 9.12 from ATI's website..The computer has the PEGATRON VIOLET Nvidia nforce 720a Motherboard..The issue is that ..the videodrivers ...stop working everyttime I restart the computer the blue screen appears and after 4 times it restarts by it self..the videocard seems like is runnig ok ..but I already try to play some games and ..In am Getting very low frame rates in old games ..and newer games ..I Openned the ATI overdrive Tool to check the temperature and the Videocard is not overheating at all ..I already try several CATALYST drivers ..and seems like the version 9.11 is the on that works better ..no crashes ...but still the videocard is not running the games well ..I want to know if that issue could be that the videocard is not receiving anough power ....or is just that the motherboard or the windows 7 is not 100% compatible with the videocard ..pls if anyone could tell me what could be the main problem let me know thx ...

G

The videocard is Brand New

Power Supply specs :I dont understand much about this numbers but this is what I found on it

+5Vcc +12Vcc -12Vcc +3,3Vcc +5CSB

600W 60A 36A 0,8A 36A 2A

could be the PSU.... maybe. 600w and a 36A 12V rail might not be enought for it, especially if it isn't well constructed. I would think it would at least boot though, maybe I am wrong. If you had another PSU to test with it would be helpful, but I know that probably isn't in the cards.

Is the PSU new? what brand is it? any links to the item?

G

TRENDING THREADS