Sign in with
Your question

KVM HDMI Switch

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 13, 2010 8:16:29 PM

I have had access to four computers with a KVM switch. Computers output PS2 mouse and keyboard, and a VGA cable from each. Now I have an LCD monitor which takes HDMI. Is there a 'new' KVM switch which accommodate this HDMI format?

More about : kvm hdmi switch

January 13, 2010 9:08:47 PM

KVM switches are expensive.

Rather keep your current one.
m
l
January 14, 2010 1:35:56 AM

there are a lot of kvm's with hdmi around 200 bucks each.
just google hdmi kvm switch.

But there is a vga to hmdi conversion kit too. Not as expensive but still probably not cheap

Good luck
m
l
Related resources
January 14, 2010 1:38:34 AM

I have the same problem. I pretty much ignore it. I have an extra output (HDMI) from my media and gaming machine plugged into my monitor in addition to the VGA cable.. I just switch inputs at the monitor.

Not a perfect solution, but good enough.
m
l
January 14, 2010 4:11:15 AM

$200 is a lot of money.

Enough to buy something from Apple ;) 
m
l
January 24, 2010 3:06:04 AM

Well, I have a KVM switch from the old format which was $25 with lots of cables which did work.
It was the new monitor which introduced the problem. Maybe I will try those conversions - maybe there are
adapters which can be put in line.

If not I will try that suggestion of vga and HDMI out.

I like the monitor better than the old CRT though.

m
l
May 13, 2010 3:50:02 AM

Coutstand(HK)Electronic Technology Co.,Ltd is one professional KVM switch,KVM extender,hdmi cable,hdmi switch,hdmi splitter manufacturer in chian;Please check our website:www.coutstand.com;you will know more about our products;And if you want to know more about our OEM /ODM products,please contact us directly;
m
l
!