KVM HDMI Switch

I have had access to four computers with a KVM switch. Computers output PS2 mouse and keyboard, and a VGA cable from each. Now I have an LCD monitor which takes HDMI. Is there a 'new' KVM switch which accommodate this HDMI format?
6 answers Last reply
More about hdmi switch
  1. KVM switches are expensive.

Rather keep your current one.
  2. there are a lot of kvm's with hdmi around 200 bucks each.
    just google hdmi kvm switch.

But there is a vga to hmdi conversion kit too. Not as expensive but still probably not cheap

Good luck
  3. I have the same problem. I pretty much ignore it. I have an extra output (HDMI) from my media and gaming machine plugged into my monitor in addition to the VGA cable.. I just switch inputs at the monitor.

Not a perfect solution, but good enough.
  4. $200 is a lot of money.

Enough to buy something from Apple ;)
  5. Well, I have a KVM switch from the old format which was $25 with lots of cables which did work.
    It was the new monitor which introduced the problem. Maybe I will try those conversions - maybe there are
    adapters which can be put in line.

If not I will try that suggestion of vga and HDMI out.

I like the monitor better than the old CRT though.
  6. Coutstand(HK)Electronic Technology Co.,Ltd is one professional KVM switch,KVM extender,hdmi cable,hdmi switch,hdmi splitter manufacturer in chian;Please check our website:www.coutstand.com;you will know more about our products;And if you want to know more about our OEM /ODM products,please contact us directly;
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards Switch KVM HDMI Computers Graphics