Phenom II X4 940 Stress test

rEcR8Z

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
I'm going to run through this really quickly , here we go.

When I bought my PC the CPU was already OC'ed to 15% , When I ran Crysis 2 I'd get Blue screens so I had to take it back to 0%. Today I've put it back up to 10%. I'm running some stress tests at the moment. Is this temperature a little too high? Or is it ok?

http://gyazo.com/94d2380b83280a3669faab2df27a7b7d

I'm overclocking with a stock fan. I still don't know if it's safe though knowing this CPU isn't really great for OC'ing

rEcR8Z

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012

Ok I wasn't aware the temperature of that specific CPU shouldn't be going that high. So what's my next move? A new Cooler? Or what could really be the problem? (The thermal paste applied is fairly new)

rEcR8Z

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
Also I've been running games all the time at around 65 degrees and nothing has ever happened... The problem initially started when I overclocked. But when it's not overclocked I have never in the 2 years I've had this PC had a problem?

Look you can get an aftermarket cooler in the 20 to 30 dollar range just take the plunge you will like the results. Thermal past can only work as well as the cooler can move heat into the air so better paste will not help with this issue. AMD says on their spec sheets max temp 60C above that and yes it wil work but you start shortening the life of the CPU and higher you go the quicker things will go pear shapped..

Thent