University Bug?

Hi All.
Just installed University today, and only one problem to speak of. I can't
get my Sims to go to class or take the Final Exam, so they have to redo
their freshman year.
In the game, it says that you click on the Sim, click College, then click Go
to Class. However, when I try to click on the sim, it says This is the
Active Sim.
My Sim has to be in class at 8am, so I started trying to click him at 7am.
Is this a bug, or user error?
Thanks
Esmeralda
6 answers Last reply
More about university

    No - it's probably because you have a hack in your game that changes the pie
    menus. The nude hack will do it as well as various others.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    > No - it's probably because you have a hack in your game that changes the
    > pie
    > menus. The nude hack will do it as well as various others.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon
    >

    > "Esmeralda" <esmeralda@hunchback.notredame.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi All.
    >> Just installed University today, and only one problem to speak of. I
    >> can't
    >> get my Sims to go to class or take the Final Exam, so they have to redo
    >> their freshman year.
    >> In the game, it says that you click on the Sim, click College, then click
    > Go
    >> to Class. However, when I try to click on the sim, it says This is the
    >> Active Sim.
    >> My Sim has to be in class at 8am, so I started trying to click him at
    >> 7am.
    >> Is this a bug, or user error?
    >> Thanks
    >> Esmeralda

    Are you right or left clicking?
    You get different options for each button.

    It sounds like you have a serious problem! :( When you installed
    University, did you have any hacks installed? Some pre EP hacks, like
    for example Custom Careers can make the University expansion
    unplayable.

    My sims automatically (almost always) head to class one hour before
    class time. Granted sometimes there's a pileup at my sims dorm
    departure point that takes so long that one or more of my sims may
    drop "Go to Class" from their action que. When that happens, all I
    need to do is select the sim and tell him/her to Go to Class, and
    they're on their way again...

    Here are a few links where you MAY find help with your EP problem:

    How Do I Get Ready for University?
    http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=47692

    Game Play - University Only - List down some University BUGs
    http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=49259

    Game Play - University Only - Post an example of ALL University
    problems in this thread
    http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=48805

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:45:02 -0400, "Esmeralda"
    <esmeralda@hunchback.notredame.com> wrote:

    >Hi All.
    >Just installed University today, and only one problem to speak of. I can't
    >get my Sims to go to class or take the Final Exam, so they have to redo
    >their freshman year.
    >In the game, it says that you click on the Sim, click College, then click Go
    >to Class. However, when I try to click on the sim, it says This is the
    >Active Sim.
    >My Sim has to be in class at 8am, so I started trying to click him at 7am.
    >Is this a bug, or user error?
    >Thanks
    >Esmeralda

    Good Luck! ^_^

    That's my 2¢,

    FTA

    "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 01:18:38 GMT, "Maxon"
    <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

    >No - it's probably because you have a hack in your game that changes the pie
    >menus. The nude hack will do it as well as various others.
    >
    >Best wishes
    >Maxon
    >

    >"Esmeralda" <esmeralda@hunchback.notredame.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi All.
    >> Just installed University today, and only one problem to speak of. I can't
    >> get my Sims to go to class or take the Final Exam, so they have to redo
    >> their freshman year.
    >> In the game, it says that you click on the Sim, click College, then click
    >Go
    >> to Class. However, when I try to click on the sim, it says This is the
    >> Active Sim.
    >> My Sim has to be in class at 8am, so I started trying to click him at 7am.
    >> Is this a bug, or user error?
    >> Thanks
    >> Esmeralda

    I had the same problem. I reinstalled without game hacks and it
    works ok. I put the hacks back in and the problem started again.

    Yes, if you have a hack that alters the pie menus and hasn't been updated
    for the expansion pack, you will find that the hack prevents the new college
    options showing up. You will probably find that most hacks have been
    updated by their makers by now. The example I had was the simpleNude hack
    which allowed you to undress your sims. It added an item to the pie menu
    ('get undressed') and it was this that stopped the 'go to class', 'go to
    final exam' and all the other college options from appearing.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    "Stinger" <not@here.com> wrote in message

    > I had the same problem. I reinstalled without game hacks and it
    > works ok. I put the hacks back in and the problem started again.

    Thanks to everyone. Once I got rid of or updated my hacks, it decided to
    work correctly.
    Thanks again.

    "FTA" <FTA@fake.email> wrote in message
    > It sounds like you have a serious problem! :( When you installed
    > University, did you have any hacks installed? Some pre EP hacks, like
    > for example Custom Careers can make the University expansion
    > unplayable.
    >
    > My sims automatically (almost always) head to class one hour before
    > class time. Granted sometimes there's a pileup at my sims dorm
    > departure point that takes so long that one or more of my sims may
    > drop "Go to Class" from their action que. When that happens, all I
    > need to do is select the sim and tell him/her to Go to Class, and
    > they're on their way again...
    >

    > Here are a few links where you MAY find help with your EP problem:
    >
    > How Do I Get Ready for University?
    > http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=47692
    >
    > Game Play - University Only - List down some University BUGs
    > http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=49259
    >
    > Game Play - University Only - Post an example of ALL University
    > problems in this thread
    > http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=48805
    >

    > On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:45:02 -0400, "Esmeralda"
    > <esmeralda@hunchback.notredame.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi All.
    >>Just installed University today, and only one problem to speak of. I can't
    >>get my Sims to go to class or take the Final Exam, so they have to redo
    >>their freshman year.
    >>In the game, it says that you click on the Sim, click College, then click
    >>Go
    >>to Class. However, when I try to click on the sim, it says This is the
    >>Active Sim.
    >>My Sim has to be in class at 8am, so I started trying to click him at 7am.
    >>Is this a bug, or user error?
    >>Thanks
    >>Esmeralda
    >

    > Good Luck! ^_^
    >

    > That's my 2¢,
    >
    > FTA
    >

    > "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
    > silence of our friends."
    >
    > -Martin Luther King Jr.

Sims Games Video Games