Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

University Bug?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 10:45:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Hi All.
Just installed University today, and only one problem to speak of. I can't
get my Sims to go to class or take the Final Exam, so they have to redo
their freshman year.
In the game, it says that you click on the Sim, click College, then click Go
to Class. However, when I try to click on the sim, it says This is the
Active Sim.
My Sim has to be in class at 8am, so I started trying to click him at 7am.
Is this a bug, or user error?
Thanks
Esmeralda

More about : university bug

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 5:18:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

No - it's probably because you have a hack in your game that changes the pie
menus. The nude hack will do it as well as various others.

Best wishes
Maxon


"Esmeralda" <esmeralda@hunchback.notredame.com> wrote in message
news:zKzEe.25052$dz.22736@bignews4.bellsouth.net...
> Hi All.
> Just installed University today, and only one problem to speak of. I can't
> get my Sims to go to class or take the Final Exam, so they have to redo
> their freshman year.
> In the game, it says that you click on the Sim, click College, then click
Go
> to Class. However, when I try to click on the sim, it says This is the
> Active Sim.
> My Sim has to be in class at 8am, so I started trying to click him at 7am.
> Is this a bug, or user error?
> Thanks
> Esmeralda
>
>
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 5:18:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

"Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:o %BEe.7073$YL5.554@newsfe2-win.ntli.net...
> No - it's probably because you have a hack in your game that changes the
> pie
> menus. The nude hack will do it as well as various others.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon
>
>
> "Esmeralda" <esmeralda@hunchback.notredame.com> wrote in message
> news:zKzEe.25052$dz.22736@bignews4.bellsouth.net...
>> Hi All.
>> Just installed University today, and only one problem to speak of. I
>> can't
>> get my Sims to go to class or take the Final Exam, so they have to redo
>> their freshman year.
>> In the game, it says that you click on the Sim, click College, then click
> Go
>> to Class. However, when I try to click on the sim, it says This is the
>> Active Sim.
>> My Sim has to be in class at 8am, so I started trying to click him at
>> 7am.
>> Is this a bug, or user error?
>> Thanks
>> Esmeralda
>>
>>
>
>

Are you right or left clicking?
You get different options for each button.
Related resources
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 9:13:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

It sounds like you have a serious problem! :(  When you installed
University, did you have any hacks installed? Some pre EP hacks, like
for example Custom Careers can make the University expansion
unplayable.

My sims automatically (almost always) head to class one hour before
class time. Granted sometimes there's a pileup at my sims dorm
departure point that takes so long that one or more of my sims may
drop "Go to Class" from their action que. When that happens, all I
need to do is select the sim and tell him/her to Go to Class, and
they're on their way again...


Here are a few links where you MAY find help with your EP problem:

How Do I Get Ready for University?
http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=47692

Game Play - University Only - List down some University BUGs
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=49259

Game Play - University Only - Post an example of ALL University
problems in this thread
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=48805


On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:45:02 -0400, "Esmeralda"
<esmeralda@hunchback.notredame.com> wrote:

>Hi All.
>Just installed University today, and only one problem to speak of. I can't
>get my Sims to go to class or take the Final Exam, so they have to redo
>their freshman year.
>In the game, it says that you click on the Sim, click College, then click Go
>to Class. However, when I try to click on the sim, it says This is the
>Active Sim.
>My Sim has to be in class at 8am, so I started trying to click him at 7am.
>Is this a bug, or user error?
>Thanks
>Esmeralda


Good Luck! ^_^


That's my 2¢,

FTA


"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.
July 24, 2005 5:48:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 01:18:38 GMT, "Maxon"
<jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

>No - it's probably because you have a hack in your game that changes the pie
>menus. The nude hack will do it as well as various others.
>
>Best wishes
>Maxon
>
>
>"Esmeralda" <esmeralda@hunchback.notredame.com> wrote in message
>news:zKzEe.25052$dz.22736@bignews4.bellsouth.net...
>> Hi All.
>> Just installed University today, and only one problem to speak of. I can't
>> get my Sims to go to class or take the Final Exam, so they have to redo
>> their freshman year.
>> In the game, it says that you click on the Sim, click College, then click
>Go
>> to Class. However, when I try to click on the sim, it says This is the
>> Active Sim.
>> My Sim has to be in class at 8am, so I started trying to click him at 7am.
>> Is this a bug, or user error?
>> Thanks
>> Esmeralda
>>
>>
>

I had the same problem. I reinstalled without game hacks and it
works ok. I put the hacks back in and the problem started again.
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 5:57:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Yes, if you have a hack that alters the pie menus and hasn't been updated
for the expansion pack, you will find that the hack prevents the new college
options showing up. You will probably find that most hacks have been
updated by their makers by now. The example I had was the simpleNude hack
which allowed you to undress your sims. It added an item to the pie menu
('get undressed') and it was this that stopped the 'go to class', 'go to
final exam' and all the other college options from appearing.

Best wishes
maxon

"Stinger" <not@here.com> wrote in message
news:st67e19o0e30jbkaue12f3dql5mv8iho6f@4ax.com...
>
> I had the same problem. I reinstalled without game hacks and it
> works ok. I put the hacks back in and the problem started again.
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 9:04:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Thanks to everyone. Once I got rid of or updated my hacks, it decided to
work correctly.
Thanks again.


"FTA" <FTA@fake.email> wrote in message
news:eho5e1dbnmj6oejac3s5edol69k32h0u0f@4ax.com...
> It sounds like you have a serious problem! :(  When you installed
> University, did you have any hacks installed? Some pre EP hacks, like
> for example Custom Careers can make the University expansion
> unplayable.
>
> My sims automatically (almost always) head to class one hour before
> class time. Granted sometimes there's a pileup at my sims dorm
> departure point that takes so long that one or more of my sims may
> drop "Go to Class" from their action que. When that happens, all I
> need to do is select the sim and tell him/her to Go to Class, and
> they're on their way again...
>
>
> Here are a few links where you MAY find help with your EP problem:
>
> How Do I Get Ready for University?
> http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=47692
>
> Game Play - University Only - List down some University BUGs
> http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=49259
>
> Game Play - University Only - Post an example of ALL University
> problems in this thread
> http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=48805
>
>
> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:45:02 -0400, "Esmeralda"
> <esmeralda@hunchback.notredame.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi All.
>>Just installed University today, and only one problem to speak of. I can't
>>get my Sims to go to class or take the Final Exam, so they have to redo
>>their freshman year.
>>In the game, it says that you click on the Sim, click College, then click
>>Go
>>to Class. However, when I try to click on the sim, it says This is the
>>Active Sim.
>>My Sim has to be in class at 8am, so I started trying to click him at 7am.
>>Is this a bug, or user error?
>>Thanks
>>Esmeralda
>
>
> Good Luck! ^_^
>
>
> That's my 2¢,
>
> FTA
>
>
> "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
> silence of our friends."
>
> -Martin Luther King Jr.
!