High end air cooler vs Low end water cooling kit?

So, I ordered a kit from FrozenCPU and they sent me the wrong thing. I sent it back and didn't request my original item. Now, I'm thinking should I go with a $100 high end air cooler or the XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 I was planning on getting. I just want the best cooling I can get for the price. I know it's recommended to spend $200 or higher on water cooling, so that's why I am wondering.
6 answers Last reply
More about high cooler water cooling
  1. What did you get incorrectly the first time?

If you are spending $100, you are better off going with an XSPC kit (starting around $130 to $189 or more with pump upgrade) or just going with a good air cooler.
  2. rubix_1011 said:
    What did you get incorrectly the first time?

If you are spending $100, you are better off going with an XSPC kit (starting around $130 to $189 or more with pump upgrade) or just going with a good air cooler.

I was sent a Rasa CPU block with a single rad and a different pump. I don't remember the exact model number of each part/kit. I was planning on spending $150 on the kit I originally mentioned. Will that work better for me than a high end air cooler?
  3. scopey86 said:

If I was going to get an H100, I could get it at Newegg for cheaper. I could also get a air cooler for the same price and could outdo the H100.
  4. Can you return it?
  5. scopey86 said:

Why? You could easily get an XSPC kit for $130-$140 and cool better much better in the same budget of $150.

Even for ~ $100, I wouldn't really push the H100 over the H80 as the only real benefit of one to the other is the radiator mount area.
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Cooling Overclocking