Sign in with
Your question

E4500 Advice for MotherBoard

Last response: in Overclocking
September 4, 2012 9:48:45 PM

Hello guys i already write in diferent Thread but was 2-3 years old so i decide to open this and ask your professional opinion.

I hade E4500 processor befor years all was fine but now this is not enought for me and i cannot work with that PC.

I decide to overclock it but the problem is that i have some stupid ASOS motherboard that do not alow any overclok at all and its terrible in every aspect.

So right now i can`t do anything with this Motherboard even to buy a new Processor because do not worth it.

There are two options. that i have.

TO buy complete new System that will cost me alot of money.
Or to buy good motherboard and cooling system to Overclock my E4500

I need to overclock it to work at minimum 2700 but ive heard that with right Motherboard and configuration this chip can go alot more beyond this.
I do not want to force it to MAXof course but i think that 3000 or 3200 will be Perfect for me and suit all my needs and in this way i will not need to buy a new PC at this time :) 

Im Asking you for opinion what i can do best... i will need to buy new motherboard for sure
But what Motherboard is perfect for overclocking the E4500 processor

And also what cooling you can recomend?!

All advices and opinions are welcomed if have some specific tricks etc to make the things better will be awesome.

Thank you in advance!
a c 78 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
September 5, 2012 12:24:00 AM

If you spend money on a LGA 775 motherboard you will not have a good upgrade path. (just looked at available 775 CPU's)

I would sit on that system until I could get a decent MB/CPU combo.

I just don't think the performance gain from the board+OC will be worth the money/effort.
September 5, 2012 2:21:15 AM

yes cheapest option would be to get a mobo and an core i3 if you can otherwise wait it out besides even this will show massive gains
Related resources
September 5, 2012 4:14:50 PM

Hello the problem is that my ASOS motherboard do not have any options!
Even if i want to buy powerfull 775 CPU i can`t because im with http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5GCV...

SO no alot options for this MOtherboard

Otherwise i will need to buy brand new everything i mean other MoBo other CPU Other RAM and all the things so its like i just need to trow this PC in the trash.

I found a combo do u think its good ?

Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3P - motherboard

Processor: Intel , Core 2 Quad Q8400, 2.66 GHz

Kingston HyperX DDR2 Modules 4 x 2MB

This is a combo ready SET

September 5, 2012 4:18:42 PM

THis is Second Hand ready COMBO in good working order
So im asking professional opinion how much money are good to spend for something like that? To know do is worth the money

Thanks in advance
!