Windows 8 Random BSOD into System repair loop, System restore ineffective. Pleas

anonias

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Today, when I plugged in a previously used(drivers already installed) USB device (a Razer mouse) into my Windows 8 computer which had been running fine (some random crashes) for weeks, the computer BSODed and is now stuck in a start-up repair loop. I have tried a system restore, but it is still stuck in the loop. Please Assist, any suggestions/tips are greatly appreciated.

This is actually my brother's computer which I built for him. I suspect memory problems (random crashes), but he hasn't tested memory despite my repeated requests.

groundrat

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2012
Is he surfing on an Admin account?

Is he going to naughty sites while on that Admin Account?

Or it could be a hard disk failure.

The repeated startups means that Win8 cannot repair the damage. It may be time to reimage the machine.

anonias

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
He is on an admin account, I don't believe that he would be going to naughty sites on his desktop because he usually uses his laptop to watch movies and etc... Hard disk failure isn't an option(its an SSD lol), but I will try to reimage (doing right now) and then test the SSD. It is worth noting that the computer has old (re-used) hard drives for storage, but I don't think that if they broke it would cause windows to stop booting off the SSD. The SSD is about a month old.

could be two things...could been a virus on the usb stick. always scan them before you move date to and from them..most new anti virus software you can set them to scan usb stick on install. the other issue could be usb issue. a lot of the newer mb have had bios updates to fix issues with some usb devices. you may want to check if there any mb bios updates for your rig.

GroundRat is correct in that:
Advise user and all users, to not use a local admin account unless you are actually doing admin work. Apple has their users trained in this matter, notsure why Microsoft has not gotten to this point yet.

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
Whetever he said

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005

I have windows 7 show pics, but I find windows 8 just as good if not better, in fact magic tune wont even run in 7, does in 8. I find your answer to be the worst answer ever. If I had any reasons to switch back to 7, I would just like that. However I have not found one reason to switch. If I have no issues so do others its just maybe me and others that have very little issues know how setup a pc.

Some think stick a disk in and that's It, if it dont work the OS sucks. I have to do more in windows 7 after setup than 8. I have some good advice take it to pros to set it up I am almost certain all problems are solved. WHY IS THAT YOU SAY, Because we know what to do after setup is complete :bounce:

I like Windows 8, and do find it to be faster than 7, also.