Please suggest a premium low-profile CPU cooler

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
Hi all.

I will be getting a Cooler Master Elite 120 & i7-3770 - and Asus P8H77-I.
So please suggest a good CPU cooler that can fit in a larger than average m-ITX case.
I won't OC, but I still want something that can stay cool in tropical areas and can use Tubo-Boost often.
Something with auto ( I think the MB does this) and manual fan speed will be great.

thanks!

Solution

Yep, that one will fit, although the one that dudewitbow mentioned will as well.
Oh i apologize OP :( Good thing DJDeCiBeL caught that

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
Thanks for the posts.

But it looks like those coolers are too big.
The biggest cooler the Elite 120 can fit is "65.0 mm / 2.5 inch"
The RR-VTPS-28PK-R1 92mm looks close, but a tad too high.

Maybe this one will fit?
Cool Master GeminII M4 RR-GMM4-16PK-R2

To be honest, I'm slightly worried about that myself (it definitely crossed my mind), but I'm hoping that it'll work. If it won't, there aren't really many low profile aftermarket coolers that will, though, because all of the good ones are wide like that.

I know it'll fit in height, at least (which was mainly what I was talking about).

B-San

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
Looks like the COOLER MASTER GeminII was a lil too wide when using a graphics card.. any luck for anybody else with that cooler or anything else?

I tried the Thermaltake CLP0534 SlimX3 Intel LGA 1155 / 775 Low Profile CPU Cooler last night but then read reviews last night stating that it wasn't even as good as the stock Intel cooler.... smh