CM Hyper 202+ Fits?

need4speeds

Distinguished
I just installed the 212+ evo, unlike the arctic cooling 13pro, on the 212 evo you have to change the backplate.

They give you the backplate, screws and even a tube of coolermaster paste.
It is more work to install than the arctic cooling 13pro.

Both coolers seemed to perform about the same.

Both fit on socket 939, and fm1 too.

What i am saying if you don't have a case that has a hole to remove the backplate, and don't want to pull the board out, opt for a different cooler.

Both coolers fit in standard atx mid tower cases, one is even a older beige case.

The coolermaster 212 evo when you install the backplate, start the nuts on the special screws first to clean up the threads or they will want to crossthread. Careful the screws only go in one way and are ground oval so they don't turn when you tighten the nuts. I had no problems with the cooler, but i did see this cooler is not for people who are not "mechanically inclined" . On the plus side they give you a full syringe of ceramic coolermaster paste a $10 value. I later used it to repair a broken hd-4870 card and install the arctic cooler 13 pro in another system and there is still about 3/4 of a tube left.

muhammadbinmehroze

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

mate, i don't think that's much of a work to install a cooler... i mean, duhhh the back plate, and the other stuff, ain't much of an issue :)

or is it? :p

need4speeds

Distinguished
If i was installing a cooler in a system where it was not convenient to remove the board. I would go for the arctic cooling 13 pro instead because it uses the standard amd clips and intel clips instead of a custom backplate.

On a new build or if you know your case has that "backplate window" when you remove the other side cover, the coolermaster is a bit cheaper and comes with that tube of paste.

muhammadbinmehroze

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Hyper 212 dimensions :

Hyper%20212(1).gif

TRENDING THREADS