Run As window

I am getting a window that pops up for every program that I click on Called
Run As then asks which user account I want to use to open the program with a
box under it for protect my computer and data from unautorized activity--I
asked earlier and was refered to a solution that did not work and that was to
go to advanced in the shortcut properties and uncheck "run with different
credentials" this was ot checked to begin with any ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about window

    Is there an open on the Right click menu?

    IF SO
    Type regedit in Start Run
    Navigate to
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell
    and delete the default value (which will be runas). Do NOT delete the subkey of the same name.

    IF NOT
    Type regedit in Start Run
    Navigate to
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell
    [it get different from here]
    Edit menu - New - Key
    name it open
    select the key open
    Edit menu - New - Key
    name it command
    select the key command then double click (default) in the other pane
    enter exactly
    "%1" %*
    if you get confused runas has an identical command.

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "MAPLELEEFS" <MAPLELEEFS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89243997-222C-4255-A822-652C7B482AE4@microsoft.com...
    >I am getting a window that pops up for every program that I click on Called
    > Run As then asks which user account I want to use to open the program with a
    > box under it for protect my computer and data from unautorized activity--I
    > asked earlier and was refered to a solution that did not work and that was to
    > go to advanced in the shortcut properties and uncheck "run with different
    > credentials" this was ot checked to begin with any ideas?

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP