SMART Failure Predicted on Hard Disk Recovery Error for New HD

ENBella

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
Model No. VPCF115FM
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601)

My Sony Vaio laptop came loaded with Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2007. Recently, the computer started indicating an error:

"SMART Failure Predicted on Hard Disk" and it prompted me to boot using F1 and then backup my data.

Step 1: I used Sony Vaio Care to create 2 sets of Recovery Disks and then used Drive Cloner RX to backup all of my data manually,

Step 2: I purchased a new Hitachi 750 GB (7200 rpm) 2.5 SATA hard drive from Comp USA. The computer's original hard drive is a Hitachi HTS545050B9SA00 500 GB (5200 rpm).

Step 3: I removed the original hard drive and installed the new one. Then, inserted Recovery Disk 1 and then Disk 2. After the prompt to restart the computer to finalize Windows setup I received this error message:

"Windows setup could not configure windows to run on this computers hardware."

I then click okay and subsequently receive this message:

"Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer, restart the installation."

Question:

Is anyone familiar with this error and how to fix it?

Note: There are no outstanding issues with the laptop. The computer came preloaded with Windows 7; I have the product key on the computer base. It also came loaded with Microsoft Office, but I don't have the key for that? Sony Vaio laptops don't come with physical CD's -- the data is on a partition within the hard drive -- and you have to create the mfg disks yourself.

Sony Vaio Hard Drive Failure, Sony Vaio Hard Disk Failure, Smart Failure, Windows Could Not Complete the Installation, Windows Setup Could Not Configure Windows to Run on this Computer, Windows 7, Sony Vaio Hard Disk Failure, Sony Viao Laptop Tech Support

Solution
G
1st: you should format the HD same with old HD. fat32/ntfs.. but NFTS is better for windows 7

2nd: check the disk using external cable by connect the new HD to your laptop USB.. it mean you should put

the old HD to make your laptop switch on. and check the new HDD by using scan disk tool.. (in

linux/ubuntu/mint) is very good or capable for repairing bad sector HD..

i suggest you format your new HDD with new windows installation.. ^_^
G

1st: you should format the HD same with old HD. fat32/ntfs.. but NFTS is better for windows 7

2nd: check the disk using external cable by connect the new HD to your laptop USB.. it mean you should put

the old HD to make your laptop switch on. and check the new HDD by using scan disk tool.. (in

linux/ubuntu/mint) is very good or capable for repairing bad sector HD..

i suggest you format your new HDD with new windows installation.. ^_^

Solution

ravisharmark

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013
It was useful though there is no fix or solution given. I have sony vaio with window 7. This morning when I started my laptop, the in Beginning itself I got a error msg "smart disk error press any key to continue" I press the key and system got started properly though tool little more time. I went to All program> computer> right click >manage and saw that my c disk space was showing some error. I had run the troubleshoot and it got fixed. when we I restarted the system,again I got the same error msg such as " "smart disk error press any key to continue". could someone let me know if I can fix it or replacement is the only way ....

ravisharmark

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013
It was useful though there is no fix or solution given. I have sony vaio with window 7. This morning when I started my laptop, in the Beginning itself I got a error msg "smart disk error press any key to continue" I press the key and system got started properly though took little more time. I went to All program> computer> right click >manage and saw that my C disk space was showing some error. I had run the troubleshoot and it got fixed and then I restarted the system and again I got the same error msg such as " "smart disk error press any key to continue". could someone let me know if I can fix it or replacement is the only way ....

TRENDING THREADS