Sign in with
Your question

P6t6 memory problem

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
August 18, 2010 10:57:34 AM

i've bought asus p6t6, i7 980x and gskill trident 2000mhz 6gb kit (3x2gb) and blue dram diag led on mb is on. i can't boot, there is no bios, no post, no beeps, nothing on screen. when i remove memory it beeps for no memory. even tried one stick at the time in different sockets and kingmax 2gb 1333mhz memory, same problem. help and tell me is it my board or cpu or memory or maybe bios (it's not updated and can't update it).

thnx.

More about : p6t6 memory problem

Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
August 18, 2010 5:28:32 PM

tried everything and it's the same, will bring mobo to get bios update tomorrow.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
August 19, 2010 6:11:32 PM

The same happened to me when I used memory not on the compatibility list.
m
l
Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
August 20, 2010 2:36:23 PM

and you've bought new memory or?

my mobo is listed on gskill site for this memory, so i still think it's bios problem (i've asked on gskill forum if they know which bios they've used for testing memory on p6t6, but no answer). on gskill forum, they've told me that my mobo is defective, but if it's defective, it wouldn't beep if memory slots are empty and code on my gp diagnostic card tells me that memory cannot be detected. i don't know if it has something to do with my cpu which isn't supported in 0507 bios which is on my mobo. i'm new to this integrated memory controller thing, so maybe if my board cannot recognize my cpu, it automatically can't recognize my memory because of IMC. but my cpu diag blue led is not on, only my dram diag, so i'm pretty confused with all of this. there is nothing to do except to wait for mobo with updated bios, hope it'll work.
m
l
August 23, 2010 10:44:49 PM

it was bios after all, couldn't recognize my cpu and because of that no memory detection, i think.

and it worked for about 5 minutes and it turned off and couldn't turn it on, so i've inspected every component and i've noticed burnt and broken resistor. Now i need to replace my mobo and i don't know if my warranty covers burnt and broken resistors. i don't know how it happened only thing i know is that i didn't broke it, i'm not that crazy. if anyone knows, plz tell me. and if it's not covered by warranty and if i need to buy new board, can anyone suggest any board in that price range or cheaper that supports i7 980x from the box, and no, i don't want p6t6 again. i need stable and durable board for 24/7 usage, no overclocking. it'll be primary used for 3d modeling, animation, compositing and that kind of stuff, and to play games from time to time.

thank you.
m
l
!