Overclocking the i5-3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme4

xdiabolic

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Hello there, I'm new to all this overclocking so i'll kinda make this simple. Im running i5-3570k and ASRock Z77 Extreme4 is my MoBo. I want to overclock it to 4.2Ghz but I'm wondering what should my vcore be, right now im at 1.2V. On P95, should i go with small fft or blend ?

EDIT: So tried the small fft test with 4 cores and on 1.2V it bsod'ed me immediately. What now ?
EDIT : Tried auto voltage and this is current temps, is this okay or are the temps high ? http://imgur.com/7UKUN

xdiabolic

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Currently, im on hyper 212 evo, my curren oc is 4.2ghz and 1.2v. Its playing battlefield 3 multiplayer no lag whatsoever with 60 fps no dropping. Its highest was 67c. Im pretty happy now.

What video card do ou have? The biggest difference maker in gaming is the video card and while the cpu can be a bottleneck at times it's best to have it runnung at a good high speed to avoid that. Anything over 4 ghz will do and then for more performance the video card can be overclocked to get even higher fps.

rdm3

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009

I'm using the Hyper 212+ and I have my CPU @4.4ghz and 1.29V and it's stable. However, if I try to adjust my GPU at all I run into problems? Should I reduce the OC on my CPU to give me more room to OC my video card?

I'm running an XFX DoubleD 7870 at stock right now. If I OC that at all under the current CPU settings my PC enters Power Save mode within about 5 mins of gaming. No overclock and the computer will run all day, so I"m suspecting not enough voltage?

I did experiment with upping the voltage to 1.35, but was still running into the same problems. BTW, my temps are fine. I want to OC the card, but not at the cost of not being able to OC my CPU at all, any suggestions?

Freebird37

Honorable
May 8, 2012

So 1.2V is working well for a 4.2Ghz OC? Your original photo shows 1.12V, so was that the BSOD issue?

TRENDING THREADS