Your question

Overclocking the i5-3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme4

Tags:
  • Overclocking
  • ASrock
  • Intel i5
Last response: in Overclocking
September 6, 2012 2:44:19 AM

Hello there, I'm new to all this overclocking so i'll kinda make this simple. Im running i5-3570k and ASRock Z77 Extreme4 is my MoBo. I want to overclock it to 4.2Ghz but I'm wondering what should my vcore be, right now im at 1.2V. On P95, should i go with small fft or blend ?

EDIT: So tried the small fft test with 4 cores and on 1.2V it bsod'ed me immediately. What now ?
EDIT : Tried auto voltage and this is current temps, is this okay or are the temps high ? http://imgur.com/7UKUN

More about : overclocking 3570k asrock z77 extreme4

a b K Overclocking
September 6, 2012 3:16:16 AM

those temps are alright, but try working down from the auto number until you hit instability
m
l
September 6, 2012 3:21:30 AM

Will do, after i found the voltage number , ill post another load test.
m
l
Related resources
September 6, 2012 5:02:54 AM

Currently, im on hyper 212 evo, my curren oc is 4.2ghz and 1.2v. Its playing battlefield 3 multiplayer no lag whatsoever with 60 fps no dropping. Its highest was 67c. Im pretty happy now.
m
l
a c 138 K Overclocking
September 6, 2012 9:15:36 PM

What video card do ou have? The biggest difference maker in gaming is the video card and while the cpu can be a bottleneck at times it's best to have it runnung at a good high speed to avoid that. Anything over 4 ghz will do and then for more performance the video card can be overclocked to get even higher fps.
m
l
September 8, 2012 2:54:14 PM

inzone said:
What video card do ou have? The biggest difference maker in gaming is the video card and while the cpu can be a bottleneck at times it's best to have it runnung at a good high speed to avoid that. Anything over 4 ghz will do and then for more performance the video card can be overclocked to get even higher fps.

I'm using the Hyper 212+ and I have my CPU @4.4ghz and 1.29V and it's stable. However, if I try to adjust my GPU at all I run into problems? Should I reduce the OC on my CPU to give me more room to OC my video card?

I'm running an XFX DoubleD 7870 at stock right now. If I OC that at all under the current CPU settings my PC enters Power Save mode within about 5 mins of gaming. No overclock and the computer will run all day, so I"m suspecting not enough voltage?

I did experiment with upping the voltage to 1.35, but was still running into the same problems. BTW, my temps are fine. I want to OC the card, but not at the cost of not being able to OC my CPU at all, any suggestions?
m
l
a c 138 K Overclocking
September 9, 2012 12:37:19 AM

Yes instead of hijacking someone else's thread you should start one of your own.
m
l
September 16, 2012 10:51:29 PM

Im going to have the same equipment soon, should i choose the 212+ or the regular one?
m
l
October 2, 2012 11:54:17 PM

xdiabolic said:
Currently, im on hyper 212 evo, my curren oc is 4.2ghz and 1.2v. Its playing battlefield 3 multiplayer no lag whatsoever with 60 fps no dropping. Its highest was 67c. Im pretty happy now.

So 1.2V is working well for a 4.2Ghz OC? Your original photo shows 1.12V, so was that the BSOD issue?
m
l
!