Sign in with
Your question

Brand of RAM

Last response: in Memory
August 18, 2010 1:06:16 PM

Does it matter which brand of ram you use?, As long as the clocks and MHZ are the same it should be fine correct?

More about : brand ram

a b } Memory
August 18, 2010 1:26:53 PM

i use G.Skill as right now they tend not to be expensive but yet be of good quality (used to be a Kingston HyperX guy)
August 18, 2010 1:29:50 PM

mindless728 said:
i use G.Skill as right now they tend not to be expensive but yet be of good quality (used to be a Kingston HyperX guy)

Well a bought dynex which is DDR2 memory 2GB but this shop sells it for a hundred bucks more than any other shop i go to,So do i go for cheaper elsewhere just different brand or subject myself to burning a hole in my card for another of the same name
Related resources
a b } Memory
August 18, 2010 5:47:00 PM

I use G.skills great price and performance and have Corsair as well.
August 18, 2010 5:49:55 PM

like all things, some brands have better quality then others.

i also use g.skill and i haven't run into any problems with them yet
August 19, 2010 11:40:44 AM

Ok but what i mean if you get two different types of branded ram cards but both have the same clocks and speed then it should be fine right?
a b } Memory
August 19, 2010 12:08:11 PM

^^Quite similar query to the one Herr_Koos asked. I think if the specs are same they should work.

I prefer GSkill. Great price to performance ratios. Also their RAM's look awesome as well. The trident and the ripjaws!
August 20, 2010 10:36:27 AM

hell_storm2004 said:
^^Quite similar query to the one Herr_Koos asked. I think if the specs are same they should work.

I prefer GSkill. Great price to performance ratios. Also their RAM's look awesome as well. The trident and the ripjaws!

Yeah commented on the same thing when i discovered he had asked the same thing,lol Sorry about that.Well il check G.skill out if they as cool as you say il get two
!