Brand of RAM

Does it matter which brand of ram you use?, As long as the clocks and MHZ are the same it should be fine correct?
7 answers Last reply
More about brand
  1. i use G.Skill as right now they tend not to be expensive but yet be of good quality (used to be a Kingston HyperX guy)
  2. mindless728 said:
    i use G.Skill as right now they tend not to be expensive but yet be of good quality (used to be a Kingston HyperX guy)

Well a bought dynex which is DDR2 memory 2GB but this shop sells it for a hundred bucks more than any other shop i go to,So do i go for cheaper elsewhere just different brand or subject myself to burning a hole in my card for another of the same name
  3. I use G.skills great price and performance and have Corsair as well.
  4. like all things, some brands have better quality then others.

i also use g.skill and i haven't run into any problems with them yet
  5. Ok but what i mean if you get two different types of branded ram cards but both have the same clocks and speed then it should be fine right?
  6. ^^Quite similar query to the one Herr_Koos asked. I think if the specs are same they should work.

I prefer GSkill. Great price to performance ratios. Also their RAM's look awesome as well. The trident and the ripjaws!
  7. hell_storm2004 said:
    ^^Quite similar query to the one Herr_Koos asked. I think if the specs are same they should work.

I prefer GSkill. Great price to performance ratios. Also their RAM's look awesome as well. The trident and the ripjaws!

Yeah commented on the same thing when i discovered he had asked the same thing,lol Sorry about that.Well il check G.skill out if they as cool as you say il get two
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM