Corsair h80 not working. Stupid mistake

azed3000

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2012
Hey guys,

i did something really stupid today, i was cleaning out my rig and the clogged up dust on my h80's radiator, then put it back together, when i turned on the computer i realized that the fans were both blowing in oposite directions (both blowing out of the radiator) causing it to be very loud. So i decided to turn one of the fans around and whilst doing so unplugged the fan from the h80 console which resulted in the H80 fan controller to stop working. Now all its doing is pumping the water but with no spinning fans. Also the buttons no longer light up, at the moment i plugged the fans directly into the motherboard, but other than that im not too sure what to do. Is this fixable?? Is there a way i can reset the whole thing ?

cheers in advance

Solution
Shut everything down and unplug the psu from the wall socket and then plug it back in and start the Pc back up and hopefully it will allow the fan controller to reset.
While the power is unplugged you can plug the fans back into the fan controller.

azed3000

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2012

Ohh forgot to add that it was running while i unplugged the fan from the h80 console.

Shut everything down and unplug the psu from the wall socket and then plug it back in and start the Pc back up and hopefully it will allow the fan controller to reset.
While the power is unplugged you can plug the fans back into the fan controller.

Solution

azed3000

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2012
haha yea i realise that i shouldnt of unplugged it while it was running, i was just so lazy cause i already had to turn it off 3 times for 3 different reasons, so when it came upto the part of rotating the fans i was cbf to turn the damn thing off. Ill try unplugging the psu and hopefully it would start up again, if not then i guess ill just run the fans manually off the motherboard. It sounds like a freakin vacuum though ==;

And i do realise the h80 isnt the ideal water cooling system for most people however ive looked into the customs but they were too damn expensive in australia. They range from 200+ for the starter kits, and the h80 did the job, had temps of 60 degrees max on my i7 950 @ 4.5ghz. So it did the job fine for a aircooler replacement. Just my stupidity and lazyness broke the damn thing. Cheers for the replys guys ill give it a shot =)

azed3000

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2012
haha yea i realise that i shouldnt of unplugged it while it was running, i was just so lazy cause i already had to turn it off 3 times for 3 different reasons, so when it came upto the part of rotating the fans i was cbf to turn the damn thing off. Ill try unplugging the psu and hopefully it would start up again, if not then i guess ill just run the fans manually off the motherboard. It sounds like a freakin vacuum though ==;

And i do realise the h80 isnt the ideal water cooling system for most people however ive looked into the customs but they were too damn expensive in australia. They range from 200+ for the starter kits, and the h80 did the job, had temps of 60 degrees max on my i7 950 @ 4.5ghz. So it did the job fine for a aircooler replacement. Just my stupidity and lazyness broke the damn thing. Cheers for the replys guys ill give it a shot =)