Microphone Not Recording: Mic Volume Control is Locked in ..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Hi everyone.

I recently developed a problem with my microphone that I can't solve.
I'm running Windows XP Pro with SP2.

Over the weekend, I installed a Hauppauge WinTV-GO TV tuner/video
capture card. I have no idea if this card is affecting my microphone
or if it's an unrelated issue, but I cannot record any output from my
microphone now.

I am using a couple of audio recording tools, including Adobe
Audition. It's always recorded my microphone flawlessly.

Now, in Volume Control/Recording, the Mic Volume "Select" option
(which is the same as MUTE) is selected, and locked.

I cannot unlock the Select button no matter what I try doing. I am
pretty sure this is why I cannot get sound from the microphone
recorded.

The microphone is definitely in the Mic In jack of my onboard sound
card. I disconnected the cable running from the TV tuner to the sound
card's Line In jack, just to be sure.

Would simply installing the TV tuner card somehow block off the
microphone, even if the card was no longer hooked up to the sound
card?

Any troubleshooting tips? Thank you so much!
To reply via e-mail, please
remove the number 5 from the reply address.
Thank you for your assistance! Jack Danniel
4 answers Last reply
More about microphone recording volume control locked
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

    A follow-up:

    I rebooted the computer, and got the Select button unchecked, simply
    by checking another button instead.

    (Why the heck I didn't think of that in the first place, I have no
    clue.)

    But I still can't get microphone output recorded. Any suggestions?

    To reply via e-mail, please
    remove the number 5 from the reply address.
    Thank you for your assistance! Jack Danniel
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Hi,

    Double click to launch the recording applications, click Edit/audio property
    (for XP recorder only), check to ensure it is set to microphone instead of
    Line-in

    Note: different recording applications may have different settings or
    different command keys to change the audio property settings.

    Peter

    "J. Danniel" wrote:

    > A follow-up:
    >
    > I rebooted the computer, and got the Select button unchecked, simply
    > by checking another button instead.
    >
    > (Why the heck I didn't think of that in the first place, I have no
    > clue.)
    >
    > But I still can't get microphone output recorded. Any suggestions?
    >

    > To reply via e-mail, please
    > remove the number 5 from the reply address.
    > Thank you for your assistance! Jack Danniel

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

    I figured out the problems. Just silly, stupid mistakes and
    oversights on my part.

    To reply via e-mail, please
    remove the number 5 from the reply address.
    Thank you for your assistance! Jack Danniel
  4. Quote:
    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

    I figured out the problems. Just silly, stupid mistakes and
    oversights on my part.

    To reply via e-mail, please
    remove the number 5 from the reply address.
    Thank you for your assistance! Jack Danniel

    Hi Can you please let me know the solution for the issue.
    I am seeing same issue with my window XP recording.

    Thanks

    Gowda

Configuration Microphone Microsoft Windows XP