Im confused and lost, My Computer is acting up help?

MrComputerTecho

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
Alright So This is the 2nd time writing it, it idk. Anyways first things first my build ( I bought it in November, I upgraded my GPU CPU COOLER and my PSU)

CPU: i5 750 @ 2.67 (Running @ 3.20 BLCK 160)

MOBO: Gigabyte P55-UD4P ATX LGA1156 P55 DDR3 2PCI-E 3PCI-E1 2PCI RAID 2GLAN CrossFireX SLI Motherboard

RAM: G.SKILL F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH Ripjaws PC3-16000 4GB 2X2GB DDR3-2000 CL9-9-9-27 Core I5 Memory Kit

HDD: Western Digital WD1001FALS Caviar Black 1TB SATA2 7200RPM 4.2MS 32MB 3.5IN Dual Proc Hard Drive OEM

GPU: (From a 9800GT [EVGA] 512-P3-N973-TR ) EVGA GeForce GTX 275 896-P3-1170-AR

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus

PSU: Corsair HX-1000

Alright, so about a week ago my computer started acting, so i started trying things, BIOS reset, and such, because my computer was acting ( I was running PhsX with a 9800GT) and I was wondering what was going on, so I did a system restore point...I only had options to earlier that day, with the Show more, and I was confused so i went with, nothing changed, so i turned off and was about to boot up into SAFE MODE to back up before anything happened take a guess what happened? Windows Legendary Blue Screen Flashed and my computer restarted, I was like ...okay back to advanced boot menu, I tried every option same thing. So I took my HDD and put it into an old computer and backed up my stuff to my Back-Up External HDD, just music movies, and a few program downloads. Guess what, they didn't copy. So I Cleaned my computer deleted the partition with Windows 7 and re-formatted to a 800 GB partition 100 that windows needed and 130+ GB for an additional, I just felt like it. So it did what windows did, I installed drivers, everything that I'm supposed updated the drivers, and started installing what i usually do, I find that windows is different, I'm not sure why, and now my HWmonitor is reporting that my CPU is limited to 95.00w no more no less. and at temperatures around 38-45 around 5-6 percent, it use to be around the low 30's when i was at a BLCK of 200 and such before i had these issues, and the reason i changed was because of too high temperatures, I don't know what to do anymore, my computer is dieing on me, I'm afraid theres a Hardware Component involved, I really don't feel like buying new parts, I'm saving up for some stuff, help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I reset MOBO to Factory, and Idle temps are high 30s, and my wattage is moving now. But Im Still Confused.

Run WD Data Lifeguard to check your HDD for errors or bad sectors, I'm thinking WD needs to send you a replacement. If the HDD is going bad, it could have caused the BSOD, which could have screwed your MBR, and you would not have been able to copy your files.
P.S. you really shouldn't post your emails in public forums - you never who or what will find them.

MrComputerTecho

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
Alright, Thanks, and my Emails removed. Ill run it now, but I know what caused the wait, I think your right, because this isnt the first time, it will be copying something, and sometimes asks me to copy and replace and after i say yes, the Copy will stop, like the thing dissapears, or is a Windows error, because i've had it both Vista and 7. What could cause the weird wattage, because I used an OCing guide for my i5 and now its stock.

MrComputerTecho

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
Both are showing the same temperatures. HSF is the same, I'll check, but there is Arctic Silver and it is in contact its tightened, and to tell you the truth I have no idea how to play with Voltages, call me a noob OCer, I would like to learn, but yea. WD wont start the test it keeps say errors, and unable to write, and sector errors. So I think WD is getting a call tomorrow

I had to RMA a WD HDD a couple of years ago - you can do it on-line. You'll need the HDD to provide the model#/serial#, etc. and cite the purchase date and vendor. You last sentence (above) is the reason for replacement.

MrComputerTecho

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009

Okay I'll contact WD, and try to get an RMA, and I'll also try updating the BIOS but how? I usually put it on a USB Drive and do the flash, but is there another way i should I do it?

BTW Im at school so I still need a few hours to get home.

No, that is the best way to do it (check the manual for exact directions). Definitely Do Not use the Windows flashing programs. If you do it with a pen drive during boot and something goes wrong, the second BIOS will take over so your board isn't lost. If the Windows one goes amiss, this feature has a habit of not working.