Recommended mobo for current setup

Hello I currently have:
AMD Phenom II x4 945 Deneb 3.0ghz
8 gigs gskill ripjaw series ddr3 1600
1x 300gb shitty seagate 300gig hd
palit geforce gtx 460 fermi sonic platinum oc edition 1gb 256bit ddr5
GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard

I am planning on getting two Samsung spinpoint F4 320gbs and running them in Raid 0 but I feel my major weakpoint here is my motherboard? Am I currently bottlenecked by the cheap motherboard? Will I be if I upgrade my processor?

I currently don't have any plans of SLI/Crossfire if that factors into your advice.

I am just looking for some input as to which mobo would get the job done for me. I mainly just play world of warcraft, tf2, hl2, cs source, etc. No crysis, dirt, mwf2, battlefield any of the majorly intensive games. I also don't plan on overclocking.

Aside from going raid 0 with the F4s and upgrading the mobo, the only thing I can think of that I might upgrade anytime soon would be the CPU.

Any suggestions/thoughts/concerns/advice is appreciated.
3 answers Last reply
More about recommended mobo current setup
  1. that board has an eps 12v connector, all solid caps and 10 power phases and you think its not good enough, keep your board please itll do a gr8 job even for raiding ssd
  2. xaira said:
    that board has an eps 12v connector, all solid caps and 10 power phases and you think its not good enough, keep your board please itll do a gr8 job even for raiding ssd

I wasnt trying to say the motherboard is bad I honestly don't know the quality of it, I was just assuming since it was the cheapest item in my current build ($60-$80 on newegg) that it might be the most beneficial to upgrade first.
  3. unless ur planning to do sli, ur fine
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards