Last response: in Motherboards
August 18, 2010 6:24:51 PM

Hello I currently have:
AMD Phenom II x4 945 Deneb 3.0ghz
8 gigs gskill ripjaw series ddr3 1600
1x 300gb shitty seagate 300gig hd
palit geforce gtx 460 fermi sonic platinum oc edition 1gb 256bit ddr5
GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard

I am planning on getting two Samsung spinpoint F4 320gbs and running them in Raid 0 but I feel my major weakpoint here is my motherboard? Am I currently bottlenecked by the cheap motherboard? Will I be if I upgrade my processor?

I currently don't have any plans of SLI/Crossfire if that factors into your advice.

I am just looking for some input as to which mobo would get the job done for me. I mainly just play world of warcraft, tf2, hl2, cs source, etc. No crysis, dirt, mwf2, battlefield any of the majorly intensive games. I also don't plan on overclocking.

Aside from going raid 0 with the F4s and upgrading the mobo, the only thing I can think of that I might upgrade anytime soon would be the CPU.

Any suggestions/thoughts/concerns/advice is appreciated.
a b V Motherboard
August 18, 2010 7:44:25 PM

that board has an eps 12v connector, all solid caps and 10 power phases and you think its not good enough, keep your board please itll do a gr8 job even for raiding ssd
m
l
August 18, 2010 10:41:28 PM

xaira said:
that board has an eps 12v connector, all solid caps and 10 power phases and you think its not good enough, keep your board please itll do a gr8 job even for raiding ssd

I wasnt trying to say the motherboard is bad I honestly don't know the quality of it, I was just assuming since it was the cheapest item in my current build ($60-$80 on newegg) that it might be the most beneficial to upgrade first.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 18, 2010 11:50:28 PM

unless ur planning to do sli, ur fine
m
l
!