Motherboard connector

pjf47

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
I have a motherboard from an IBM NetVista. It has an 8 pin in-line connector for the front panel Power Swith, Power LED and HDD LED. Can anyone describe the proper wiring sequence of the 8 pins in the socket? I do not have the mating plug, so I have to improvise. Thank you.

idejason

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
There should be a little table near the FP connections telling you where to plug them it, If you can't find that search up your PC on the IBM site and find the manual or something.
Just remember, With LED's Positive is ALWAYS to the left so with Led cables flip them over so you cant see the writing on the cable header.

r_manic

Administrator

+1

pjf47

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
While I appreciate the information about general LED connections, it does not address the question. For the record, the offical Hardware Maintenance Manual identifies the socket location on the mother board but nothing else. No little diagrams are to be found on the mother board either.

pjf47

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
If such a manual exists, I didn't find it. However , the problem has been resolved thanks to a friendly tech who opened up a NetVista, traced the wiring and reported what he saw.

I'm providing this for anyone who needs the information. Looking at the SOCKET with the latch feature to the top, and moving from left to right:1) the first pair of pins is for the Switch, 2) the second pair of pins is a redundant connection for the Switch, 3) the third pair of pins is for the Power LED, and the final set of pins is for the HDD LED.

:wahoo:

TRENDING THREADS