Help with gigabyte P55-USB3

theflyho

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
Computer boots runs great. However whenever i let the computer idle, instead of just shutting the screen the entire comp seems to shut off, like a hibernate. There seems to be no control over this and sometimes it turns back on by itself. Now this wouldnt be that annoying of a problem... but everytime it does this and i wake it up. It doesnt recognize my western digital 1tb or my mouse...

If you guys know how i can fix this please let me know. Ive looked at all bios features and features on windows 7 and cannot figure out what causes this for the life of me.

currently running:
Gigabyte p55-usb3
Nvidia GTX460 1GIG
Intel i5 750
Intel X25m 40gig
2 x 2gig mushkin
1TB western digital.

theflyho

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010

I just disabled hybrid sleep, not exactly sure what it is though or if its the culprit.

The PSU seems fine. The computer goes into a very organized sleep and I can wake it from the keyboard. But after it wakes up it doesn't detect the western digital hdd but the ssd works fine. Also I've realized that my USB ports don't have issues but my mouse does? my mouse is lit... but doesn't work sometimes when its woken from sleep or the computer is just turned on. However the computer knows it is there because when I unplug and plug it gives me the confirmation beep. Also all my drivers are up to date, and this mouse has 0 issues like this on other computers.