Need Advice on Compatability of $1000 Budget Build

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: As soon as possible
BUDGET RANGE: closer to 800 is best, but can go up to about 1100

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Downloading, Gaming, Video editing and Adobe CS4 programs in general

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Have 24" LCD monitor and can maybe do without speakers

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Sydney Australia

PARTS PREFERENCES: No major preferences, would like to be able to upgrade later on, as opposed to new builds..

OVERCLOCKING: Not at the moment, but preferably later on
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Would Like to, later on

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1200

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I would like a quiet PC, and one that i can keep on for long periods of time, as my internet is peak/off-peak, so i usually like to leave it on overnight if i need to download.

SO FAR, i have chosen these parts to fit this criteria, and need some advice, (all parts are from http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf, and i am sitting at about $1022)

i5- 750 (for $229)
4GB Kit of Ram ( $125)
nVidia 1GB 9800GT Gigabyte ($154)
1TB SATA HDD ($105)
G-B P55A - UD4P ($224)
and for the case, i chose, the CoolerMaster RC-960 (for $146)
and wasnt sure about the DVD burner, so i just chose the SATA SONY for $39, (i need to have a good quality DL DVD burner, so im not sure if this will do the job or not)

Im not sure if itll be obvious or not, but i am quite new at this building a computer thing, and any help would be very much appreciated.
4 answers Last reply
More about need advice compatability 1000 budget build
  1. I'm not familiar with your options in Australia, all I can suggest is that make sure you get a 64-bit edition of Windows 7, so that you can maximize your RAM.
  2. doesnt 64-bit have limited software support or something?
  3. The only limitation that 64-bit Windows has is not being able to run 16-bit applications, and in the personal/home use sector 16-bit applications are extremely rare. And there are usually ways around even this 'limitation'.
    As for your parts, make sure that the RAM is DDR3. Also make sure that the DVD burner is SATA, not IDE.
  4. Check and check, any other things i should be wary of?
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems