Sign in with
Your question

Video Card Brand

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 14, 2010 11:24:25 PM

Basically to finish off my computer build I'm looking at getting an ATI HD 5770.

My question for the community is, which brand is best... and does brand make a difference in performance.

These two cards are on sale at my local shop:

XFX Radeon HD 5770 850MHZ 1GB 4.8GHZ GDDR5 2XDVI HDMI PCI-E Video Card
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=48038&vpn=HD577XZNFC&manufacture=XFX&promoid=1061

Powercolor Radeon HD 5770 PCs 875MHZ 1GB 4.9GHZ GDDR5 2XDVI HDMI DP DIRECTX11 PCI-E Video Card
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=48581&vpn=AX5770%201GBD5-PPG&manufacture=PowerColor&promoid=1061

Now, i've never heard of powercolor so I'm a bit biased to the XFX... but does it make a difference which I go with. Clearly the powercolor one is cheaper, but is it worth spending the extra for the XFX brand?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

More about : video card brand

a c 189 U Graphics card
January 14, 2010 11:33:32 PM

XFX offer u more longer warranty... :) 
a b U Graphics card
January 14, 2010 11:40:33 PM

XFX hands down.....

Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 15, 2010 5:02:33 AM

I would suggest you to go for powercolour as it has higher clock speed,lower price...Besides two year warranty is enough as you would surely need to change the card after 2 years....
a b U Graphics card
January 15, 2010 8:32:46 AM

Powercolor, if you are trying to save money. XFX is you are going to overclock... which you shouldnt really need to overclock a beastly card. No need to for the games available... Unless you wanna be overly retarded and run WoW windowed and Bioshock windowed while watching a movie.... you get the point.
a c 175 U Graphics card
January 15, 2010 12:11:43 PM

Based on warranties, XFX is the safer choice. I've not owned either brand, but it seems that XFX also has a better reputation.
a c 140 U Graphics card
January 15, 2010 1:05:19 PM

Both cards are the same except one is branded as XFX the other Powercolor. You are paying for the support by each company. XFX does have good support and is a lifetime warranty, (1 year if you don't register the product on their site, I believe). However, personally I never keep a video card beyond 2 years so that warranty isn't a concern for me. The Powercolor has a higher clock, which would be a benefit.

XFX has good support and a following in the gaming community so they will have alot of loyal "fans". But buying a powercolor will not give you an inferior product in any way.
!