Sign in with
Your question

We're All in the Wrong Business

Last response: in Systems
January 21, 2010 5:46:57 AM

See, we insist on assembling understated yet high-performance computers, paying for the parts with our own money and investing our time into testing and assembling the whole setup. What we should be doing is paint the keyboards in bright colors and market the PCs as kid-friendly! http://kidcomputers.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=All-...

More about : wrong business

January 21, 2010 6:06:13 AM

ha, so true. ill bear that in mind for my next build.
January 21, 2010 6:24:05 AM

ROTFL WOW... Man someone should sue people selling this stuff
Related resources
January 21, 2010 7:18:53 AM

Quote:
tel Dual Core CPU
4.0 GB PC6400 DDR2 RAM
500 GB SATA Hard Drive
19" Touch Screen LCD Monitor
Graphics Accelerator 3D Enhanced
DVD 20x / CD-RW 40x
2 x Gigabit Ethernet LAN

HAHAHA, thats for the station recommended for 'toddlers' age 2-5.

im sure the toddlers will apreciate 2 Gigabit LAN ports so they can network with their buddies, and share files on those 500gb HDDs.

freaking overkill much? thats more powerful, and more featured, than the systems i use in work! dear god, what has the world come to?

January 21, 2010 9:20:02 AM

In hindsight, I should have gone into the oil business.
January 21, 2010 12:07:36 PM

grossemesser said:
ROTFL WOW... Man someone should sue people selling this stuff

No. We should all sue our school systems for turning out a bunch of dumbasses who will actually buy this crap.
January 21, 2010 12:07:57 PM

welshmousepk said:
Quote:
tel Dual Core CPU
4.0 GB PC6400 DDR2 RAM
500 GB SATA Hard Drive
19" Touch Screen LCD Monitor
Graphics Accelerator 3D Enhanced
DVD 20x / CD-RW 40x
2 x Gigabit Ethernet LAN

HAHAHA, thats for the station recommended for 'toddlers' age 2-5.

im sure the toddlers will apreciate 2 Gigabit LAN ports so they can network with their buddies, and share files on those 500gb HDDs.

freaking overkill much? thats more powerful, and more featured, than the systems i use in work! dear god, what has the world come to?

And I dunno about letting some 2-yr-old using a punch-, er, touch-screen display :D . My estimate that it would last maybe 5-6 hours at the mercy of my 2-yr-old. Not to mention covered with whatever he had for his most recent meal, and maybe a few sneeze-boogers as well :kaola: 
January 21, 2010 2:02:02 PM

And imagine, you pay $2000 for something your kid or teen will abuse... I mean, aren't there all-in-one PCs that can do everything better than this kiddie "toy", at a much lower price? :p 
January 21, 2010 3:19:00 PM

rodney_ws said:
No. We should all sue our school systems for turning out a bunch of dumbasses who will actually buy this crap.

Sooo true

On Another note aren't schools supposed to have outsourced IT guys that at least know some bare minimals about what is a good buy and what isn't? :lol: 
January 21, 2010 3:29:20 PM

I had to beg for a slip n' slide when I was little. Now kids are getting $2k 'learning' computers. I think I got the shaft.....

!