Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How to unlock a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
October 16, 2011 3:43:33 AM

Hello,
My husband bought a Toshiba Satellite laptop from a auction, but it is password locked on the windows screen. How do I unlock the password so we can enjoy or new laptop and re-do the password?
October 16, 2011 3:43:34 AM

Hello,
My husband bought a Toshiba Satellite laptop from a auction, but it is password locked on the windows screen. How do I unlock the password so we can enjoy or new laptop and re-do the password?
a b 8 Security
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
October 16, 2011 5:04:12 AM

Can u post the link where u got it from?
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
October 16, 2011 11:17:47 AM

Hi sgreen, the person who your husband bought the laptop from has to supply the password for you to be able to log on.

If not, the only way would be to buy a Windows 7 DVD and fresh install onto laptop hdd, providing of course the bios and hdd has also not been locked.

Should always remember if buying laptops to ensure log on information is provided, or that system restore disk's or functionality is still available for you to restore to factory settings and complete initial setup with your own username and password.!!!

Sorry, you are going to have to go back to seller to get password; or check you can enter bios and buy Windows 7 DVD and fresh setup yourself. :-(

PS, after looking on web found this site with videos on how to get around forgotten/lost password : http://windows7passwordrecovery.com/

Good Luck :-)
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
October 16, 2011 11:22:06 AM

Hi

If you have a Home version of Windows there may be no password for administrator account available via F8 'safe mode' startup
(unlikely if previously a company PC)

or Google Peter Nordahl Hagen for tool to fix

you are lucky BIOS or Hard disk password was not set (much harder to fix)

regards

Mike Barnes
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
October 16, 2011 11:47:36 AM

This next topics has been merged by Pyree
  • How to unlock a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7
    a b 8 Security
    a b D Laptop
    a c 371 $ Windows 7
    October 16, 2011 12:28:04 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened