Sign in with
Your question

Crystal Mark 4k QD32 mark lowwww Kingston SSD Now, ACHI mode enabled.

Last response: in Storage
January 16, 2012 2:33:19 AM

Hi there I have a Kingston SSD Now V100 64GB. Gigabyte board with 760g chipset (AMD system). ACHI mode enabled in bios. All firmware updated. I installed the AMD ACHI drivers to be safe.

Anyways I ran Crystal Mark disk bench and I am getting abysmally low ratings in the 4K QD32 bench. My boot time seems longer than I would expect.

Is this the drive or is AMD maybe not running ACHI mode properly? I don't know what else I can do, ACHI is enabled in bios, everything up to date, followed all tweaks etc.

I did not expect this drive to be the best of the best but I expect at least what every other bench shows.
a b À AMD
a c 155 G Storage
January 16, 2012 2:58:34 AM

How low we talking?

I mean for a 64gigabyte V100(maybe the + model ) I get

1000megabyte test

13.57 read and 20.91 write

Simply put, that is a limit of the drive

my hard drive(WD blue 1000gigabyte) only gets 1.107 read 0.837 write
m
l
January 16, 2012 3:51:09 AM

After doing further research/comparisons I agree it's just the drive, that is a relief actually.

Been so paranoid about this drive that I have caused myself like an extra day of work on this build, in reality nothing is wrong :lol: 
m
l
July 30, 2012 6:14:09 PM

So should I be happy with 4k QD32 50MB test 164 read and 98 write with a RAID 5 4x120HD Mushkin SSD?

My Seq test run 900 Read and 663 Write. One drive tests at around 450MB read and 480 write. I would have thought that RAID 5 would give me somewhere close to 3x performance on both read and write. I have an AMD 8 core CPU with a GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard. It supports SATA 6Gb.

Do I need a PCI express 8x RAID controller to get more performance?

I dont trust these drives as far as I can through them since I ordered 6 and I have had to replace 5 of them. I figured I at least needed RAID 5. I wish I would have ordered one more and configured RAID 6.
m
l
a c 290 G Storage
July 31, 2012 5:24:19 AM

Aquakitty - Typically a small capacity ssd will not perform like a large capacity ssd. That's why ssd companies submit their large capacity ssd's for review. They do that on purpose. They want their ssd's to to be presented in the best possible light. That's also why they choose synthetic benchmarks that do not accurately reflect real world performance.

jbenton530 - What do you do with your computer that requires 6 solid state drives in a RAID array?
m
l
August 7, 2012 1:04:24 AM

JohnnyLucky said:
Aquakitty - Typically a small capacity ssd will not perform like a large capacity ssd. That's why ssd companies submit their large capacity ssd's for review. They do that on purpose. They want their ssd's to to be presented in the best possible light. That's also why they choose synthetic benchmarks that do not accurately reflect real world performance.

jbenton530 - What do you do with your computer that requires 6 solid state drives in a RAID array?

Well since I posted this thread I had the drive for about 6 months and am very happy with it, for the price at the time. Though now they are even cheaper for better.
m
l
!