I am switching from an Intel Stock Cooler(installed last week) to a Hyper 212 Evo w/ Arctic Silver 5, Currently these things are on my shopping list:
1. 90% Rubbing Alochol: Found at local CVS store.
2. Q Tips/ Bounty Paper Towels(don't seem to have lint)
Currently I have read this guide, it is really helpful. I might push-pull in the future but can't afford a good 120mm fan atm.
However I am a bit concerned in term of removing the Intel Stock Cooler:
1. I read quite a few people who damaged their mobo during removal because the push-pin was stuck.
2. I also read about people whose pulled the CPU out along with the Stock Cooler b/c the paste was really sticky.
So how are I doing so far in term of planning? Any tips from guys who did similar things?
More about :removing intel cooler installing 212evo tips
Anyways, you can also read the stock cooler install guide in the sig.
1. Those 4 pins around the cooler: Pull up and turn left, it's basically the opposite of installing the cooler where you push down and then turn right.
2. Very unlikely, the CPU holding mounting system on your board goes on top of the CPU IHS.
I also read about people whose pulled the CPU out along with the Stock Cooler b/c the paste was really sticky.
This is very unlikely to happen, as the cpu is locked and held firmly in a processor socket in the motherboard.. Its not that EASY to pull out the processor form the socket without unlocking/opening the socket... After all its a thermal paste, not a Super Glue!
Besides the paste that is pre-applied on the intel heats sink easily comes off without much of a hassle
I read quite a few people who damaged their mobo during removal because the push-pin was stuck.
The mobo will be damaged "if and only" an excessive pressure is applied on it.. Please Do not wrestle with the mobo
A gentle touch will make things easy for you