Windows 7 killed my crossfire

CODFANATIC

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
Hey,

So a couple months ago i upgraded my dell xps 630i from Vista to Windows 7 (64 bit). My display driver is 8.681 and i have catalyst version 9.12. This is where the real issue arises. I believe when i downloaded the latest drivers the crossfire on my two HD 4670's stopped working. In the catalyst control center info center it reads that one of my adapters is disabled. For obvious reasons this bugged me. So after hours of screwing around with different drivers I finally decided to ask for a bit of help. Thanks in advance. Also if you need any other information just let me know.

belial2k

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
Uninstall the drivers, then install just one card. Install the drivers. Then install the second card. It may or may not ask you to install drivers for this card also. When this is done go into CCC and make sure you have crossfire enabled. You should be good to go.

G

Hi,

Go to supportdell.com choose to install drivers but dont put in your service tag choose xps and then 630i you will then need to install dells original drivers this should activate it you will then need to uninstall all these drivers you got from dell and go to ati.com and install the latest drivers once the system rebootsafter installing it should then reconize crossfire for the 4870 and lower end card.

G

Hi,

Go to supportdell.com choose to install drivers but dont put in your service tag choose xps and then 630i you will then need to install dells original drivers this should activate it you will then need to uninstall all these drivers you got from dell and go to ati.com and install the latest drivers once the system rebootsafter installing it should then reconize crossfire for the 4870 and lower end card.