Installing package files

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

Hi again all,

I have Sims2Pack Clean Installer on my computer now and I have a question
about it.
I used to unzip a downloaded Sim and just put the package file in my
downloads, not they are all opening with Clean Installer. That's ok, but the
Sim is separated into eyes, hair, clothes etc etc. If I install them with
Clean Installer, do they come up as a whole Sim in the game or do I get that
Sims eyes to use, and hair etc all individually? I'm sorry if this doesn't
make much sense.
Thanks,
Beck.

When you use the game installer to install Sims2Pack files (i.e. those where
you get the sim packaged up - lots, walls and floors too) you just get the
parts just as you do with Clean Installer (CI). The self installer will
change the name of each part to an unintelligible sequence of numbers during
installation. The main difference with CI is that you can unclick any parts
you don't want before installation and the programme doesn't change the name
when it installs the files you do want. This means, if you use it
consistently, that you can avoid getting repeats of files in your Downloads
folder because CI will tell you that you already have the file in there.
The original file names (as given by the original creator) usually give you
more clue as to what the file is. The bit that pulls all the separate body
parts together, BTW, is the bit in the file called 'person' - usually with
their name. Have a look with Clean Installer and you should see this part
of the Sims2Pack file.

Best wishes
maxon

"Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi again all,
>
> I have Sims2Pack Clean Installer on my computer now and I have a question
> about it.
> I used to unzip a downloaded Sim and just put the package file in my
> downloads, not they are all opening with Clean Installer. That's ok, but
the
> Sim is separated into eyes, hair, clothes etc etc. If I install them with
> Clean Installer, do they come up as a whole Sim in the game or do I get
that
> Sims eyes to use, and hair etc all individually? I'm sorry if this doesn't
> make much sense.
> Thanks,
> Beck.

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

I haven't seen the file you mentioned, I posted a pic in binaries to show
you what I see.
Just to make sure I understand, the file that should have the persons name
is a file that puts the person together so I see a whole person in the game?
Thanks,
Beck.

> I haven't seen the file you mentioned, I posted a pic in binaries to show
> you what I see.
> Just to make sure I understand, the file that should have the persons name
> is a file that puts the person together so I see a whole person in the
game?
> Thanks,
> Beck.

Yes, that's basically it. I replied to your binaries post.
Best wishes
maxon

beck

Distinguished