Installing package files

Hi again all,

I have Sims2Pack Clean Installer on my computer now and I have a question
about it.
I used to unzip a downloaded Sim and just put the package file in my
downloads, not they are all opening with Clean Installer. That's ok, but the
Sim is separated into eyes, hair, clothes etc etc. If I install them with
Clean Installer, do they come up as a whole Sim in the game or do I get that
Sims eyes to use, and hair etc all individually? I'm sorry if this doesn't
make much sense.
Thanks,
Beck.
4 answers Last reply
More about installing package files

    When you use the game installer to install Sims2Pack files (i.e. those where
    you get the sim packaged up - lots, walls and floors too) you just get the
    parts just as you do with Clean Installer (CI). The self installer will
    change the name of each part to an unintelligible sequence of numbers during
    installation. The main difference with CI is that you can unclick any parts
    you don't want before installation and the programme doesn't change the name
    when it installs the files you do want. This means, if you use it
    consistently, that you can avoid getting repeats of files in your Downloads
    folder because CI will tell you that you already have the file in there.
    The original file names (as given by the original creator) usually give you
    more clue as to what the file is. The bit that pulls all the separate body
    parts together, BTW, is the bit in the file called 'person' - usually with
    their name. Have a look with Clean Installer and you should see this part
    of the Sims2Pack file.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > Hi again all,
    >
    > I have Sims2Pack Clean Installer on my computer now and I have a question
    > about it.
    > I used to unzip a downloaded Sim and just put the package file in my
    > downloads, not they are all opening with Clean Installer. That's ok, but
    the
    > Sim is separated into eyes, hair, clothes etc etc. If I install them with
    > Clean Installer, do they come up as a whole Sim in the game or do I get
    that
    > Sims eyes to use, and hair etc all individually? I'm sorry if this doesn't
    > make much sense.
    > Thanks,
    > Beck.

    I haven't seen the file you mentioned, I posted a pic in binaries to show
    you what I see.
    Just to make sure I understand, the file that should have the persons name
    is a file that puts the person together so I see a whole person in the game?
    Thanks,
    Beck.

    > I haven't seen the file you mentioned, I posted a pic in binaries to show
    > you what I see.
    > Just to make sure I understand, the file that should have the persons name
    > is a file that puts the person together so I see a whole person in the
    game?
    > Thanks,
    > Beck.

    Yes, that's basically it. I replied to your binaries post.
    Best wishes
    maxon

    Thanks again Maxon!
    Beck.

    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >> I haven't seen the file you mentioned, I posted a pic in binaries to show
    >> you what I see.
    >> Just to make sure I understand, the file that should have the persons
    >> name
    >> is a file that puts the person together so I see a whole person in the
    > game?
    >> Thanks,
    >> Beck.
    >
    > Yes, that's basically it. I replied to your binaries post.
    > Best wishes
    > maxon

Sims Installer Games Video Games