Solved

Motherboard recommendation for i7 930 that has USB 3.0 front headers?

what motherboards are out that has USB 3.0 on the front panel/headers? i was piecing together a rig and just noticed that the one i picked out (ASUS P6X58D premium) only has two USB 3.0 on the back panel and none on the front.

and a bonus noob question... could the back ones be wired for the USB ports for the front of my case? what other options do i have? thanks in advance
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about motherboard recommendation front headers
  1. anyone?
  2. Best answer
    There is currently not a X58 motherboard that has onboard USB 3.0 headers. I know that ASRock has a board coming out that will (ASRock X58 Extreme 6) but I don't know when it'll be released.

Your best bet currently is look at getting a PCI slot USB 3.0 card, which has the required header.
  3. thanks alot! i kept trying to find one and it was driving me crazy. now i need to research on which card to get
  4. Are any cases now available that have a front USB 3.0 thingee that can make use of an onboard USB 3.0 header?

tecmo34 said:
    There is currently not a X58 motherboard that has onboard USB 3.0 headers. I know that ASRock has a board coming out that will (ASRock X58 Extreme 6) but I don't know when it'll be released.

Your best bet currently is look at getting a PCI slot USB 3.0 card, which has the required header.
  5. There are about 9 cases I'm aware of and most of them are from Lian Li.

Newegg cases with USB 3.0 front panel
  6. Best answer selected by bluexselvedge.
  7. tecmo34 said:

can you recommend me one?

edit: is this one ok?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813995004&cm_re=3.0_usb_card-_-13-995-004-_-Product
  8. You are going to want something more like... Koutech Add-On Card Model PEU233 this for your internal hook-up.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Intel i7 USB3