Motherboard recommendation for i7 930 that has USB 3.0 front headers?

bluexselvedge

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
what motherboards are out that has USB 3.0 on the front panel/headers? i was piecing together a rig and just noticed that the one i picked out (ASUS P6X58D premium) only has two USB 3.0 on the back panel and none on the front.

and a bonus noob question... could the back ones be wired for the USB ports for the front of my case? what other options do i have? thanks in advance

Solution
There is currently not a X58 motherboard that has onboard USB 3.0 headers. I know that ASRock has a board coming out that will (ASRock X58 Extreme 6) but I don't know when it'll be released.

Your best bet currently is look at getting a PCI slot USB 3.0 card, which has the required header.

tecmo34

Administrator
There is currently not a X58 motherboard that has onboard USB 3.0 headers. I know that ASRock has a board coming out that will (ASRock X58 Extreme 6) but I don't know when it'll be released.

Your best bet currently is look at getting a PCI slot USB 3.0 card, which has the required header.

Solution

AlanHoward

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
Are any cases now available that have a front USB 3.0 thingee that can make use of an onboard USB 3.0 header?