Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Do I need more fans?

Last response: in Overclocking
September 7, 2012 1:30:52 PM

Hi guys,

just bought a new rig(first time) which I managed to put together following the advices here. This is what I have:

MB:ASROCK Z77 PRO3 /LGA1155
CPU: Intel i5 - 3570
GPU: EVGA GTX 560(non Ti)
SSD: Intel 330 120 GB
HD: WD Green 1,5 TB
RAM:GEIL 2x4GB DDR3 1600 BLACK DRAGON DUAL
Case:CM ELITE 431 PLUS
PSU:Corsair CX600 - 600W

I was a happy chap until I noticed that the top case cover is extremely hot and I instaled a software that monitors the temperatures (Speed Fan) and found that at idle the GPU temps stay around 35-36 C and CPU around 37 C. Under load(HOMM 6, Skyrim) the GPU reached 79 C and the CPU 62 C.

My questions are: Are these temperatures normal and if not do I need to add additonal cooling fans?

Just to add that I use the stock Intel cooler fan and one front fan as intake although I have another 4 slots available for coolibg fans.

Thank you in advance for the good answers I know I'll get.

More about : fans

a c 241 K Overclocking
September 7, 2012 1:48:44 PM

normal for CPU at stock fan and add fan for exhaust ( if you already no need more ), also need litte raise fanspeed for gpu
m
l
September 7, 2012 2:04:03 PM

Thanks man,

do you think I should change the stock CPU fan? And any idea what are the acceptable temps for i5-3570 & GTX 560 under load and idle?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 241 K Overclocking
September 7, 2012 2:24:31 PM

everything enuogh and cool !
if you want more keep cool just cpu cooler Hyper 212 .. it will keep your CPu more cool and about the GTX560 seem cool according by Nvida the maximum temperature for this specific GPU is 99C. want more cool use evgaprecission raise speed fan :) 
a b K Overclocking
September 7, 2012 2:39:41 PM

Turn your AC on.

I have the 431 elite plus, but luckily the store (built the rig) gave me the wrong side wall, so I was able to put a fan that pulls air into my case and blows it at my GPU.

Just realized, you don't have an exhaust? Am I reading that right? You should have a fan at the rear of your case pulling air out, if not, that's stupid.
m
l
September 7, 2012 5:05:21 PM

envy14tpe said:
Turn your AC on.

I have the 431 elite plus, but luckily the store (built the rig) gave me the wrong side wall, so I was able to put a fan that pulls air into my case and blows it at my GPU.

Just realized, you don't have an exhaust? Am I reading that right? You should have a fan at the rear of your case pulling air out, if not, that's stupid.

Thanks for the wift reply.
No rear fan to pull out the air I am afraid. So to sum: if I set a rear exaust fan, replace the stock i5 cooler fan and if I raise the fan speed with EvgaPrecision I should be all set?

Any idea of the normal temps for GTX 560 and I5-3570 in idle and under load?
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
September 7, 2012 5:08:41 PM

Your temps are within normal range for the hardware as Heny said,
If you can lower your room temp it will help but yes, grab a fan, or a couple if you wish and install following the guideline, front,side,base intake, rear and top exhaust
replacing the stock fan will reap large benefits as well
Moto
m
l
September 7, 2012 5:38:05 PM

Thanks guys, now I am relaxed that the temps are within normal.

Any way I'll take your advise and improve the cooling with alternate CPU cooler & a rear exaust fan.

m
l
September 7, 2012 6:35:21 PM

Best answer selected by dark_gardian.
m
l
a c 241 K Overclocking
September 7, 2012 10:07:15 PM

thank's for your explanation more accurate bro Moto , you are the best Advise :)  , and thank's for BA
m
l
!