Solved

NEED HELP PLEASE!

hi, every one, new here!
got one question though
right now im running a 2.60ghx amd athlon x2 cpu
4gb ocz ram
an nvigia 8800gt 512MB
frame rate in cod mf 2 are bad, dirt 2 real laggy, and i cant use anti ailiasing on any of my games
now my old computer
(which i never should have got rid of), had an intel core 2 duo E8400 @ 3.0 ghz, with 2 gb ram, and a 9600gt 1 gb
had no issues what so ever
every one says my 8800gt is way better than my 9600
so im thinking its my processor that i need to upgrade
but i dont know
so my question is what should i upgrade??? and with what???
should i try a new graphics card or processor???
i have a socket am2 940
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about need please
  1. Well, first of all Welcome to the forums

    I don't have much experience about AMD CPU's but I think it's 8800 GT which is causing trouble.
    I think you first system was better than then this one


    Any way,
    If you have money to buy a new CPU and GPU it is good
    However, If you can only get a GPU for now I suggest you should go for ATI RADEON 5750 HD or GeForce GTS 250.
    GTS 250 performs slightly better than 5750, but 5750 has full DirectX11 support.
    You can find both less than $135.

    If this price is still higher than your budget, then I should say you go for 9800 GT.
    It's old But the most powerful $100 card to date.

    Let me know about your budget so i may suggest you some more.


    GOOD LUCK
  2. mfarrukh said:
    Well, first of all Welcome to the forums

    I don't have much experience about AMD CPU's but I think it's 8800 GT which is causing trouble.
    I think you first system was better than then this one


    Any way,
    If you have money to buy a new CPU and GPU it is good
    However, If you can only get a GPU for now I suggest you should go for ATI RADEON 5750 HD or GeForce GTS 250.
    GTS 250 performs slightly better than 5750, but 5750 has full DirectX11 support.
    You can find both less than $135.

    If this price is still higher than your budget, then I should say you go for 9800 GT.
    It's old But the most powerful $100 card to date.

    Let me know about your budget so i may suggest you some more.


    GOOD LUCK


    okay thanks for the help, my budget is in the 150 - 200$ range, ill check out the prices and benchmarks on both those cards, thinking im gonna go with the ati though. my card gets extremely hot too, do you think if i went back to xp, my framerates will be better? - right now im on windows 7 64bit ultimate. that may have something to do with it i have no idea...
  3. Windows 7 is just fine
    It has nothing to do with the windows
  4. I wouldn't waste my money on any of those cards. Too close in "lack" of performance to the "bad" card you are trying to get rid of. A 48701gig/48901gig/GTX260-275 would show improvement and really allow AA.
  5. no looking to sped more than 200$ and dont need anyting too fancy,
  6. On a good day you can get 3 of those cards for under $200. Why spend money just for the sake of spending money. You might as well make it worth your while and give yourself a REAL upgrade.
  7. if i can find a gts 260 for under 200$, ill get that, otherwise its gonna be the 250,
    my board supports ati crossfire only, so does any one know of two good 100$ ati cards to get for crossfire???
  8. Best answer
    There are 2 of them at newegg for under $200........ as far as 2 ATI cards for $200............ you gotta be out of your mind to think that 2 $100 ATI cards in crossfire would even begin to touch the GTX260, 1gig 4870, or 4890. You must be smoking wacky weed.
  9. thats why there is good ole craigslist!!!!! but no really im gonna save more money and get two decient ati cards, 400$ should be enough, if i cant for some reason get 400, im gonna go with the gtx 250 or maby the 260
  10. mfarrukh said:
    Well, first of all Welcome to the forums

    I don't have much experience about AMD CPU's but I think it's 8800 GT which is causing trouble.
    I think you first system was better than then this one

    If this price is still higher than your budget, then I should say you go for 9800 GT.
    It's old But the most powerful $100 card to date.

    Let me know about your budget so i may suggest you some more.


    GOOD LUCK

    Seeing as the 8800GT and the 9800GT are pretty much one and the same card how is it more powerful or better than what the OP already has?
  11. i hano idea, but im not getting a 9800, they are basically the same thing
  12. ryan112 said:
    i hano idea, but im not getting a 9800, they are basically the same thing

    Pretty much, check the specs here 8800GT & 9800GT.
  13. yeah i shouldnt be having any issues with my 8800gt, but i think the guy who i bought it from (2 weeks ago) used it a lot, left his computer on all the time, and i think its just seen a ton of use, my 9600gt was brand new, and played modern warfare 2 with no issues, and its a crappier card than the 8800, correct me if im wrong,
    bacically i bought a broken card..LOL
  14. The 8800GT should be the stronger card but the E8400 was also the better CPU.
  15. ryan112 said:
    thats why there is good ole craigslist!!!!! but no really im gonna save more money and get two decient ati cards, 400$ should be enough, if i cant for some reason get 400, im gonna go with the gtx 250 or maby the 260


    If you're paying attention........ all these cards are basically the same thing. Just re-branded ( renamed ) remakes of the SAME card . Not until you select one of the three I mentioned are you going to see an improvement over what you have now. Why buy the same card under a different name ? A pig by any other name............ is still a pig.
  16. ike i said im getting the 260
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics