Question regarding Corsair Obsidian 800D

maresp5

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
Seriously considering this case but would like to clarify something first. Does this case come with a 3.5 adapter plate for mounting a floppy drive in one of the external 5.25 drive bays?

The Corsair Obsidian 800D case comes with four external 3.5 inch drive bays hidden behind a door on the lower part of the front bezel. Unfortunately they are hot swappable drive bays. Each of the 4 hot swappable drive bays has a small circuit board behind it where you connect a SATA cable and a SATA power cable. The bays are not intended for use with floppy drives.

There is no adapter plate visible in the photo of the case which shows components and accessories.

Floppy drives are becoming obsolete. They are no longer required in modern systems.

maresp5

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010

It's not a deal breaker, just a little disappointing. The drive is a combination floppy/card reader I picked up a while back. I'm an avid photographer and use it quite extensively for uploading photos to my computer. Just seems a shame to leave a perfectly good and useful component out of the build is all.

shovenose

Distinguished
i know what u mean. just buy something lik this, whick is similar to what came with ata zip drives a while ago...
z_k_fddinbracket.jpg