Need overclock advice [Core 2 Duo]

austing

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
CPU: Core 2 Duo e7300

Heatsink: Hyper 212+

Fans: 2 120mm's, 2 80mm's, NB heatsink. (Doesnt include PSU fan, GPU fan, or CPU fan)

Motherboard: 680i A1

Temps: 44c Idle - 75c Prime95

Fsb: 400x10 1600FSB

RAM: Unlinked, 800mhz

Voltages: Everything stock, except CPU voltages = 1.432v

Question: What can I do to lower my temps? 75c seems really hot.

For one thing the voltage on the cpu is high and that's what's giving you the high temps. The other thing could be the placement of the case fans , do you have a fan in the side panel?
The thing with doing a stress test like Prime 95 is that the temps that you get from the stress test is the highest that you will get because the stress test is giveing your cpu a 100% load and in everyday use it will be hard to get a 100% load on your cpu. So in everyday use you will not see that temp , you may get somewhat close but you won't get there so you can say that the temp from Prime 95 is the high water mark.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Yea, like inzone said.

I'm rockin the Duo's close cousin which is the quad and rarely get those temps and I tend to be very rough on the proc because I'm trying to make an excuse to tell my wife so I can upgrade lol

austing

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
I'm using the Zalman Z11 case. It has 2 80mm exaust fans on each side (Lower front of the case, around the HDD cage), should I switch them to intake?

My computer will not load windows with a 1.32v Vcore, so its gotta be between 1.32-1.42v.

I am surprised at the fan positioning of that case and I don't see a very good air flow. It's almost like they have got the air flowing backwards from the top and rear towards the front of the case and they don't give you the option of adding a fan to the side panel directly over the MB area. You have said that the two 80mm fans are exaust and there are two 120mm fans , which way are they blowing in or out.