During instaling windows XP as 2nd OS to Vista laptop shuts down

omar7amdi

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
I set my Hp laptop to factory (Vista OS). I created partition, format the partition, named WinXp.
I boot my laptop on CD Windows XP, it detects the partitions, I select WinXp for installation.
During the installation, it shuts off without warning. I removed the battery, I used fan for cooling.
How come Vista installation, and then running fine, but XP can't make it.

Don't know, but in any case you should not install XP until you have checked that HP have got XP drivers for that model on their website. Vista drivers won't work on XP, so if HP don't have any XP drivers for that model there is no point installing it. You won't find the correct drivers anywhere else as only HP has drivers for HP laptops.

Don't know, but in any case you should not install XP until you have checked that HP have got XP drivers for that model on their website. Vista drivers won't work on XP, so if HP don't have any XP drivers for that model there is no point installing it. You won't find the correct drivers anywhere else as only HP has drivers for HP laptops.

omar7amdi

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
Thanks,
I found a solution. I added SATA driver into XP CD before installation. Then I install XP many times without any problem. I spent two days inspecting the cause. What made it difficult, there is no error message, or warning; it's like overheat shutting off the laptop. But I ruled out, since it's working perfect with Vista.