Sign in with
Your question

Hdd full format kardi restart hua purani windows start ho gayi

Last response: in Windows XP
August 23, 2012 5:11:16 PM

I Deleted all the Drives of my Computer and Reiunstalled the Window.. When after copying the files computer restarted old windows booted again..............

Please Help Me
August 24, 2012 2:34:40 PM

how did you install and Deleted all the Drives?
Did you boot from cd (change boot order in bios) and format at the setup?
What windows do U have and what do U want to install?
Do you have more then one hard drive? Do U have two partitions on one hard drive?

what you may have done:
- tried from inside Windows
- booted from cd, just installed over your current system and got messed up with the older one,
- booted from cd, installed on another partition or hard drive and by default it starts the old one.
-and by old windows, u mean just the Windows (clean) or U still have your files, programs on the partition that should have been deleted?

Check you hard drive(s) if there is an actual installation, somewhere else then the usual.

many questions, I know... sorry, but i have to.

See here clean install step by step:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/operatingsystems/ss/instx...

If that isn't helping and it is a formating or partition problem, I'll write how to format/partition from recovery console, later.

:hello: 

m
l
August 24, 2012 4:12:53 PM

I FORMATTED THE HDD BY WIN XP CD. I DELETED ALL THE PARTITION USING WINXP SETUP.....

m
l
August 24, 2012 5:50:55 PM

I'm still confused , when U say "old windows" u mean another OS, like Vista, Win 98, or do you mean another Windows XP installation ?
Did U get any weird error messages?

Ok, look at this tutorial. See if U did it like this:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/oper [...] ean1_2.htm

or try it again step by step.

Like I said, the fact that the old windows show up, makes me think it didn't actually format anything and/or just installed on top of the old windows, or installed to a different partition. U can again try a clean install, or if it installed on a different partition, u can check by searching if there is another Windows folder, besides the C:\Windows.

I did had some formating trouble way back, and I started using recovery console to format and partition in dos.
But it's a bit harder, so first U should try the tutorial, then, if we are sure it's not working, write back and I'll guide you.

:hello: 
m
l
!