Hdd full format kardi restart hua purani windows start ho gayi

I Deleted all the Drives of my Computer and Reiunstalled the Window.. When after copying the files computer restarted old windows booted again..............

Please Help Me
3 answers Last reply
More about full format kardi restart purani windows start gayi
  1. how did you install and Deleted all the Drives?
    Did you boot from cd (change boot order in bios) and format at the setup?
    What windows do U have and what do U want to install?
    Do you have more then one hard drive? Do U have two partitions on one hard drive?

what you may have done:
    - tried from inside Windows
    - booted from cd, just installed over your current system and got messed up with the older one,
    - booted from cd, installed on another partition or hard drive and by default it starts the old one.
    -and by old windows, u mean just the Windows (clean) or U still have your files, programs on the partition that should have been deleted?

Check you hard drive(s) if there is an actual installation, somewhere else then the usual.

many questions, I know... sorry, but i have to.

See here clean install step by step:
    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/operatingsystems/ss/instxpclean1_2.htm

If that isn't helping and it is a formating or partition problem, I'll write how to format/partition from recovery console, later.

:hello:
  2. I FORMATTED THE HDD BY WIN XP CD. I DELETED ALL THE PARTITION USING WINXP SETUP.....
  3. I'm still confused , when U say "old windows" u mean another OS, like Vista, Win 98, or do you mean another Windows XP installation ?
    Did U get any weird error messages?

Ok, look at this tutorial. See if U did it like this:
    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/oper [...] ean1_2.htm

or try it again step by step.

Like I said, the fact that the old windows show up, makes me think it didn't actually format anything and/or just installed on top of the old windows, or installed to a different partition. U can again try a clean install, or if it installed on a different partition, u can check by searching if there is another Windows folder, besides the C:\Windows.

I did had some formating trouble way back, and I started using recovery console to format and partition in dos.
    But it's a bit harder, so first U should try the tutorial, then, if we are sure it's not working, write back and I'll guide you.

:hello:
Ask a new question

Read More

Full Format Hard Drives Computers Windows XP