Need help plz. amd/msi computer

inerax

Distinguished
Hello everyone. i have a new system i just put together and seem to be having some problems. can i get any help?

i have no visual on screen is the first problem. monitor does not even come on. another think is that the HDD LED on the mobo keeps flashing.

i have tried different PCI-e slots and nothing has changed.

as for the HDD light i have tried only 1 HD and not 2, then swapped to the other HD with no change on the LED light.

this is a working GPU tested on another computer.

specs
Antec Twelve Hundred
mobo MSI 790FX-gd70 (model no. MS-7577)
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 140W
right now have 7800 nvidia mobo. going to upgrade soon. just want to get it running with this one.
ZALMAN 9500A 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler
2 Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Rosewill BRONZE series RBR1000-M 1000W Continuous@40°C, 80Plus Bronze Certified,Modular Cable

if you have any other questions please let me know.

Have you tried everything in the "Read Before Posting about Boot Problems" sticky? If you have, you should let us know if anything happened during certain steps. If not, do it and report back.

Do the fans spin up? Does a light on the motherboard come on? Are you getting any beep codes (you need a case/mobo speaker for this)?

I'm thinking that it might be the PSU or mobo, not the GPU. However, you haven't given a lot of information to be any more specific...