Sign in with
Your question

FULL HD vs HD READY

Last response: in Systems
January 21, 2010 5:16:32 PM

hi guys.....

I still cant get it. What is the diffrence about FULL HD and HD READY?

I've bought myself a new monitor that says on its cover Full HD 1080p. How can i use it in full? so if i want to add a home theater system, must it be FULL HD or HD READY?

http://www.samsung.com/za/consumer/pc-peripherals-print...

i have a 7.1 sound card and

ATI 4870 HD GPU. :hello: 

(i mostly use my pc for games, music and movies)

Thx for everything. you guys learnd us alot.

God Bless.

More about : full ready

January 21, 2010 6:00:16 PM

So, I did a quick search and found this guide to buying an HDTV.

It says that the real difference between Full HD and HD Ready is that Full HD operates at a full 1920x1080 resolution and accepts HD signals. HD Ready means that it accepts HD signals but can have a resolution of less than 1920x1080 (and probably will have a lower resolution). You could use either Full HD or HD Ready in a home theater system, but no one likes lowered resolution, so Full HD is definitly the better choice.
a b B Homebuilt system
January 21, 2010 9:12:04 PM

Use a HDMI cable if you can with that graphics card. If you can the graphics card will be providing the sound and that sound card is not needed.
Related resources
January 22, 2010 1:24:51 PM

IMHO, the term "HD ready" is a marketing term designed to get you to buy an obsolete product. That was certainly the case when I bought one of the last CRT TVs available a few years ago. As it turned out that TV didn't do anything different than any other analog TV then available. I suggest a careful scrutiny of the specs rather than undefinable terms like "HD ready" as a buying guide. BTW, if you haven't investigated 3D TV yet you should. It appears that 1080p will be the old "full HD" in the near future. If you buy something less now it is almost certain to be in the trash shortly.
January 22, 2010 2:04:23 PM

cool! thanx for the info it realy helped!
!