Windows 8 shut down issues "the previous shutdown was unexpected"

djnardu

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
New computer I built is running perfect except for one issue. When the computer is running for some time when I attempt to shutdown the computer the computer shows shutting down, the monitor shuts off, but the computer stays on. Looking through the event log it showed event id 6008 "previous shutdown was unexpected"

Ive gone through the process of disabling fast boot, hibernate, etc but still get this issue. This only happens when the computer has been running for over 20 min or so.

Any ideas on how I can go about solving this problem? Inside Windows it runs perfect no BSOD, no freezing, no errors. Its only upon shutting down.

Thanks

rdc85

Honorable
if u wait longer is it shutdown it self?

try check the resident/backgound apps/program that still running when u try to shut down, u may need to reinstall those apps or check an newer version.... (or remove them if it was unwanted apps)

edit: err.. my bad, this about w8, so not quite sure since i'm haven't tried w8...

Black Widow 2013

Honorable
May 4, 2013
I have only noticed this problem on my computer this last month. Yet it seems the problem dates back to 2009 and nobody has yet found the reason. I have tried all suggestions by various people to no avail. In fact yesterday I installed new memory and hard drive to my spare laptop that had Windows XP Professional installed only to find today after upgrading to Windows Vista that the same problem is showing in the event logs. So I have two computers with different operating systems on showing the same problem.
I should say that your problem only differs in one aspect and that is when you try to shut down but the computer stays on, in my case the computers shut down normally.
Sending any report to Microsoft seems to be a complete waste of time, I do not think they even look at any report as no solution since 2009 has been found by them. I think its all to do with an update in my case, before April's updates I had'nt this problem.
Regards Black Widow2013

9219JAM

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
[strike][/strike]

TRENDING THREADS