Mixing Coolant and DI - Advice Needed

HiTekJeff

Honorable
May 17, 2012
I have been reading and trying to figure out the right amount to mix for my coolant and distilled water. The coolant I am using is a 250ml bottle of Mayhems liquid coolant and it says to mix with 750ml of distilled water for 1 liter. But all I need is enough to fill my 150ml res so I am not sure what the right amount of ratio should be? Should I try to mix more distilled water and less coolant until the res is full or vice verse? Any youtube videos would help, I can't find any that deal specifically with mix ratios and what's best.

Thanks for any help

Solution
The ratio translates into 3 parts DI for every 1 part mayhems (750:250). So if you wanted to do it in increments of 150 ml you'd have 112.5ml DI 37.5ml Mayhems.

Hope that makes sense.

scopey86

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
The ratio translates into 3 parts DI for every 1 part mayhems (750:250). So if you wanted to do it in increments of 150 ml you'd have 112.5ml DI 37.5ml Mayhems.

Hope that makes sense.

Solution

HiTekJeff

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Thanks, makes perfect sense. Will post pictures once all parts arrive. Waiting on my custom powder coat to finish for my case and some more parts. Appreciate the help too.

HiTekJeff

Honorable
May 17, 2012

I assume you unplug the ATX connector and jumper the power connections using a paper clip, then power cycle the power supply on/off until full? Don't know how much extra I would need or the amount to mix in that case, so I guess just mix a bit more? Seen some on youtube, but still a bit confused on the whole mix, fill, keep filling until done, get all the air out thing.

Also, any advice on some videos or such to watch for draining? My case is way too big to tilt, so will have to drain it by another method. Any parts suggestion for draining too?

Muffin means your entire loop needs more than just the volume of your res, the fluid is throughout the entire loop, not just in there,
It depends on how big your loop is, you may need 500Ml of water, or you may need 6 litres, but yes
Fill res, paperclip till res drains, about 1sec with your small res, refill and repeat till full
What case do you have that its too big to tilt?
You can plan in a T-Line at the lowest point in the loop to drain, but you are still going to have to tilt the case to bleed all the air bubbles out from the rad and blocks, check thw W/c sticky up top for some filling/bleeding guidleines
Moto