Your question

ASUS Crosshair

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Sleep Mode
  • Computer
Last response: in Motherboards
August 19, 2010 3:16:21 PM

I have no other ideas so I figured id come here for a little help from some experts. Two days ago i started my computer out of sleep mode and it took about 30-45 seconds for the screen to come on and the keyboard to power on. I went to work (put the computer in sleep mode) and when i got home in the morning i brought it out of sleep mode and there sat the computer with a blank screen and no mouse or keyboard turning on. I waited for 5 minutes before I did a hard shut down and when i powered it back up it gave me 1 long beep followed by 3 short beeps. To me this was a video problem. I took another spare video card and put it in the computer and still the same thing except for this time it gave me 5 short beeps following the other ones. I have completely disassembled my computer and reassembled it and still the same thing. I am not sure what is going on. It has me puzzled and hopefully I can get it resolved soon because i have online classes that start on monday. Thank you in advance for any input.

More about : asus crosshair

August 19, 2010 3:20:39 PM

One more thing i forgot...I reset the CMOS to no avail...
m
l