That looks about right. Your GPU is right, my 5870 is just over 17,000. Your CPU is a dual core, which is where you take the hit ,in the CPU score. I get 24,500 and I have an overclocked i7 @ 4GHz. I wouldn't worry much about futuremark score. They are REALLY skewed. They favor multiple cores and Nvidia GPU's the most.

Run some game benchmarks that are included with any games you get, that is where it matters anyways.

hopkiller

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
Im just making sure that my system is running properly because i just upgraded to it. Is it common for me to get low FPS in GTA IV max settings, because I am getting like 38 FPS in benchmark, and it seems to lag in game.

abdul89

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009

Dont stress yourself over GTA 4. Its so poorly optimized for PC. When it came out, people with top end systems could mostly play the game on medium settings only. Rockstar then released some statement to try and cover things up by saying that 'high settings were for future use when better hardware is out'. As if people wait 12 months after a game is released and then play it!!

I get about 65 FPS on GTA 4 with a 5870. Im guessing that your CPU could be holding things back a bit in GTA 4, but i could be wrong??
On the console versions of GTA 4, (xbox 360 and ps3), the average FPS is around 30 i think, so if 38 isn't bothering you visually (which im guessing it shouldn't) then you don't really have anything to worry about.

Run benchmarks in some other games and post your results maybe??

I think your PC is running perfectly though. As jay2tall said, in game performance is really all that matters.

abdul89

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
Yup, the 1156 is brand new. the i5-750 was the first cpu for this socket, then came the i7-860 and i7-870, and another i5- the 661. Personally i think going with an AMD cpu is a mistake. The phenom 2 x4 965BE costs a bit more than the i5-750, but its been proven over and over in tests that the i5 outperforms it by far. Plus, when you go with intel you get huge overclocking headroom. The i5-750 easily goes all the way up to 4ghz. Look around the net for reviews and comparisons.

If i were you i would go with an i5 or the i7-860(1156) or 920(1366).

welshmousepk

Distinguished
i dont know where people keep getting that from.

LGA1156 has already received more attention than 1366. more CPUs available for it. its intels mainstream platform, they will keep it running the longest. 1366 will be kept for the ultra high end stuff, as a means of separating it from the the general public.

1156 ain't goin' no where.

abdul89

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009

Exactly!

many websites. magazines etc. claimed that 1156 would not really be used by intel - that was long ago when the first i5 just came out. Clearly things have changed since then.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
tri channel memory offers virtually no benefit to anyone other than graphic designers and such.

the whole point is that LGA1366 is a server board, it does thing the mainstream can't. but it will never be intels main board because most people dont need/want those features.

intel would not have introduced the 1156 boards if they had no intention of them lasting a while, otherwise it would cost them more than it would make.
i certain the LGA1156 will be around longer than 1366.