Laganophyllis Simnovorii

Last response: in Video Games
July 29, 2005 11:48:17 PM

So after all these months I got my first Sim-eating cow plant. It is a
cruel irony that its first victim was Teen Ivy Copur, who is not only very
cute but also someone I have played as a student in two other
neighborhoods. My initial plan was to make this new neighborhood free
from undesired elements by feeding all evil Sims to the cow, evil defined
as those who repeatedly do bad things to good people. I have a 10/10 nice
guy living there who has the cow plant, he is the ideal test person, shy
and gentle. If they repeatedly pull pranks on him without any positive
interaction, they are so cow fodder. (And the same goes for those who
kick over his trash can.) Because Ivy was so cute, I wished to spare her
even despite her water balloons. But when she also started picking on
another guest, it was time to put her into the enclosure with the
Laganophyllis. Our hero became something like 5 days younger, and I also
sold the tombstone for §150.

I hope the new Ivy is a better person. I expect the game to spawn a
completely random townie, in the same age group but with a different look
and personality. Otherwise my grand exercise in eugenics will fail
miserably.

Now for the question. Does feeding the plant do anything except stop her
from eating people for a while? Like, will she wither and die if not fed
from time to time?

Also, on the note of spawning townies: Aren't townies spawned when they
leave an age group through transition, like going to university? I once
sent several local teens to the uni, but never saw any new ones take their
place.

good sign." -G
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 11:48:18 PM

Magnus Itland wrote:
>> Now for the question. Does feeding the plant do anything except stop
> her from eating people for a while? Like, will she wither and die if
> not fed from time to time?

I have two that have never had a meal of SIm and I don't really have my Sim
feed them often I think one has never been fed meat either and they are
still going strong. They will just stick a cake up in a sad attempt to lure
someone to their death but they don't die.

Gareeth

Gareeth
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 11:48:19 PM

Gareeth wrote:
> Magnus Itland wrote:
>
>>>Now for the question. Does feeding the plant do anything except stop
>>
>>her from eating people for a while? Like, will she wither and die if
>>not fed from time to time?
>

> I have two that have never had a meal of SIm and I don't really have my Sim
> feed them often I think one has never been fed meat either and they are
> still going strong. They will just stick a cake up in a sad attempt to lure
> someone to their death but they don't die.

How does one get this plant?
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 1:07:14 AM

ToolPackinMama wrote:

> How does one get this plant?

Career reward for Natural Science.

Gareeth
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 1:07:15 AM

Gareeth wrote:
> ToolPackinMama wrote:
>
>>How does one get this plant?
>

> Career reward for Natural Science.

Thank you.
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 5:50:47 PM

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:32:33 -0400, ToolPackinMama
<laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

>Gareeth wrote:
>> ToolPackinMama wrote:
>>
>>>How does one get this plant?
>>

>> Career reward for Natural Science.
>
>Thank you.

If you don't want to wait, you can get any of the career rewards
(including the Cow Plant) by downloading and installing TwoJeffs
"Buyable Career/Aspiration reward objects, orig + univ" at the link
below.

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t...

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 5:50:48 PM

FTA wrote:

> If you don't want to wait, you can get any of the career rewards
> (including the Cow Plant) by downloading and installing TwoJeffs
> "Buyable Career/Aspiration reward objects, orig + univ" at the link
> below.
>
> http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t...

Now yer talkin'! :)
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 8:10:35 AM

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 11:36:43 -0400, ToolPackinMama
<laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

>FTA wrote:
>
>> If you don't want to wait, you can get any of the career rewards
>> (including the Cow Plant) by downloading and installing TwoJeffs
>> "Buyable Career/Aspiration reward objects, orig + univ" at the link
>> below.
>>
>> http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t...
>
>Now yer talkin'! :)

Keep in mind that Easy access to MOST career rewards can limit the
satisfaction you'll feel when your sims actually earn them! Granted,
I consider the Cow Plant to be a Simpublic resource that is Very
useful for terminating Townie Sim troublemakers without my sims
feeling any remorse (having a bad memory about their death). Though
it would help balance game play IF Each of the College career rewards
(except the diploma) in the TwoJeffs hack cost a reasonable amount
(like maybe between 5,000 and 30,000 simolens). As for the College
Diploma reward, that's useful for when my sims convince a Townie to
move in and I find out afterward that the sim has the memory of having
gone to college...

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 8:10:36 AM

FTA wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 11:36:43 -0400, ToolPackinMama
> <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
>

>>FTA wrote:
>>

>>>If you don't want to wait, you can get any of the career rewards
>>>(including the Cow Plant) by downloading and installing TwoJeffs
>>>"Buyable Career/Aspiration reward objects, orig + univ" at the link
>>>below.
>>>
>>>http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t...
>>
>>Now yer talkin'! :)
>

> Keep in mind that Easy access to MOST career rewards can limit the
> satisfaction you'll feel when your sims actually earn them!

I felt immediate satisfaction when I was able to purchase the device
that makes it possible to edit the sim's face. I like immediate
satisfaction. :)
!