Your question
Closed

Asus m3a motherboard with phenom II x2 550

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
March 27, 2010 7:44:10 PM

hi been reading all over and cannot get an answer will these two work together m3a mobo and phenom II x2 550 3.1ghz i have been reading and a few people say yes but will need to update bios plsssssss help :(  :(  :(  :( 
a b V Motherboard
March 27, 2010 7:58:55 PM

Sorry, but I'm not sure either; the Asus website doesn't explicately say it supports the X2 but it is is in the scecification page. It isn't that hard to flash a new BIOS why are you afraid of it? The BIOS update is necessary because your mobo uses the AM2+ socket and your Phenom uses AM3.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
March 27, 2010 8:02:35 PM

But then again it is an AM2+ motherboard so I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. You may need a BIOS update like you said but I would have thought you would be ok.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
March 27, 2010 8:25:10 PM

i no its not on the asus cpu support list but from what i can get it is just a x4 with 2 of the cores disabled pls correct me if i am wrong. so theoreticaly its a phenom X4
a c 105 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
March 27, 2010 8:36:40 PM

its a phenom II x4 with either two cores disabled or bad (or the combination of the two)
a b V Motherboard
March 27, 2010 8:57:33 PM

On the Asus website the CPU doesn't show up under CPU supported list, but the specification page. There it will tell you it supports CPUs up to 95Ws, which includes the AM3 Phenom II 550.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
March 28, 2010 7:26:19 PM

mister g said:
On the Asus website the CPU doesn't show up under CPU supported list, but the specification page. There it will tell you it supports CPUs up to 95Ws, which includes the AM3 Phenom II 550.

thank you so much thats all i needed to know may i bow down to your knowledge :wahoo:  :wahoo:  :wahoo:  :wahoo: 
!