Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Best cpu liquid cooler

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
September 8, 2012 10:45:58 PM

I just built my new system with the new ivy bridge i7 3770k and got the Asrock motherboard z77 extreme 6 . I plan to overclock a

bit until maybe 4.5 . I was looking at the H100 but not sure if i want liquid cooling because i heard it sometimes leaks

so i don't know what to get and i saw the 212 and Noctua 14 its so terrible big i think the motherboard will not handle it.

I am on a budget so if there is a good heatsink that i should get please let me know.

Thanks

More about : cpu liquid cooler

a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
September 8, 2012 11:10:03 PM

Your motherboard can handle any mainstream air cooler, including the D14. The H100 shouldn't leak, as it's a premade closed loop.
Score
0
a b V Motherboard
a c 190 K Overclocking
September 8, 2012 11:13:49 PM

The H100 is the best of the closed loop systems at the moment, and most aftermarket Heatsinks come with supporting backplates to help your mobo take the strain but Kaja is right, your mobo can handle the weight
Moto
Score
0
Related resources
September 8, 2012 11:16:00 PM

mencda1 said:
I just built my new system with the new ivy bridge i7 3770k and got the Asrock motherboard z77 extreme 6 . I plan to overclock a

bit until maybe 4.5 . I was looking at the H100 but not sure if i want liquid cooling because i heard it sometimes leaks

so i don't know what to get and i saw the 212 and Noctua 14 its so terrible big i think the motherboard will not handle it.

I am on a budget so if there is a good heatsink that i should get please let me know.

Thanks

Any of the closed loop prefilled liquid coolers will work if you have the space in your case. They are not much more expensive than a top line air cooler, and they are quieter and cooler.
Score
0
September 8, 2012 11:16:52 PM

depending your on a budget get the 212 evo and a second fan or a d14 is really good. I use the 212 evo and have no issue running my 2500k at 4.5ghz
Score
0

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
a c 190 K Overclocking
September 8, 2012 11:22:01 PM

devindedog said:
Any of the closed loop prefilled liquid coolers will work if you have the space in your case. They are not much more expensive than a top line air cooler, and they are quieter and cooler.


The H100 is one of the few that has a 240 rad, the lesser variants H50/60/70 only have a single 120 rad, even in pushpull they aren't a valid option over aircooling, and can be outperformed by top line aircoolers.
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/277130-11-read-firs...
Theres a link in here for closed loop coolers if you're interested in one Op
Moto
Share
September 9, 2012 12:58:59 AM

Best answer selected by mencda1.
Score
0
a b V Motherboard
a c 190 K Overclocking
September 9, 2012 10:09:42 AM

Glad to help man,
Thank you for B.a.
Moto
Score
0
a c 87 V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
September 9, 2012 10:13:20 AM

Lol... Moto you know dam well is no such thing as good closed loop what for noise and cooling performance on par with silver arrow which cost a whooping $35 less
Score
0
a b V Motherboard
a c 190 K Overclocking
September 9, 2012 10:30:56 AM

Thats why I phrased it,
'The H100 is the best of the closed loop systems at the moment'
I don't personally like Fisherprice allinones as you know, but if someone is going to buy one, it may as well be the best of the bunch, and throw pushpull fans on it (preferably with shrouds as well)
and yes,
' the lesser variants H50/60/70 only have a single 120 rad, even in pushpull they aren't a valid option over aircooling, and can be outperformed by top line aircoolers'

I mentioned the fact that aircoolers can (and often do) beat them for performance/noise/price
I'm not a fan of allinones, but I'd hate people to write off W/c because of a bad experience with one,
Moto
Score
0
a c 87 V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
September 9, 2012 10:45:06 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
Thats why I phrased it,
'The H100 is the best of the closed loop systems at the moment'
I don't personally like Fisherprice allinones as you know, but if someone is going to buy one, it may as well be the best of the bunch, and throw pushpull fans on it (preferably with shrouds as well)
and yes,
' the lesser variants H50/60/70 only have a single 120 rad, even in pushpull they aren't a valid option over aircooling, and can be outperformed by top line aircoolers'

I mentioned the fact that aircoolers can (and often do) beat them for performance/noise/price
I'm not a fan of allinones, but I'd hate people to write off W/c because of a bad experience with one,
Moto
Yeah me to and i read the whole thread including reply's i was more less giving you a hard time but i see i didn't say joking or anything so my bad :) 
Score
0
a b V Motherboard
a c 190 K Overclocking
September 9, 2012 11:02:01 AM

No probs man, I rarely take anything the wrong way :p 
No harm no foul as the Americans say :) 
Moto
Score
0
a c 87 V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
September 9, 2012 11:50:44 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
No probs man, I rarely take anything the wrong way :p 
No harm no foul as the Americans say :) 
Moto
thanks bud. :) 
Score
0
a c 327 K Overclocking
September 15, 2012 1:30:53 AM

This topic has been closed by Rubix_1011
Score
0
!