Issues

Has anyone had a problem with Sims not changing into the appropriate outfit
on special occasions?

In uni, when you throw a graduation party, the Graduate and one of the
guests will don a cape and gown. And when one gets inducted into the Secret
Society, the Sims change into the Blazer. My game has stopped doing that.
They make the swoosh sound that accompanies a change of clothes, and no
change, or do nothing at all. The Secret Society member that shows up to
abduct the Sim is dressed in a cop uniform, and at the Mansion, everyone is
dressed in regular clothing.

Also, some of the little icons in the queue are blank. Just solid blue
boxes. Mostly for hanging out and going to class.

I had gotten hack to fix all the problems I had been having and thought
"Great, now I can relax and enjoy the game!" But noooOooo! Now there are
new problems!!!!!

:O(

BD

it look like one of your hacks (I'm assuming you have several hacks) is
messing up the program.
had the sam problem with one ot my teen woohoo hacks.

The only solution and it is time consuming is to remove all your downloads
and run the program in it's original format to see if the problem is still
there.
if the problems gone then you'll have to reinstall your downloads in lots of
ten. Once you've done that you'll need to restart the progam to test it.
I think the downloads for clothes are safe it's the hack to modify behaviour
that will be your problem.

"bd85tx" <bd85tx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone had a problem with Sims not changing into the appropriate
> outfit on special occasions?
>
> In uni, when you throw a graduation party, the Graduate and one of the
> guests will don a cape and gown. And when one gets inducted into the
> Secret Society, the Sims change into the Blazer. My game has stopped
> doing that. They make the swoosh sound that accompanies a change of
> clothes, and no change, or do nothing at all. The Secret Society member
> that shows up to abduct the Sim is dressed in a cop uniform, and at the
> Mansion, everyone is dressed in regular clothing.
>
> Also, some of the little icons in the queue are blank. Just solid blue
> boxes. Mostly for hanging out and going to class.
>
> I had gotten hack to fix all the problems I had been having and thought
> "Great, now I can relax and enjoy the game!" But noooOooo! Now there are
> new problems!!!!!
>
> :O(
>
> BD

Or they could just use Clean Installer to find the hacks too :)

"black_ravens" <black_ravens@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> it look like one of your hacks (I'm assuming you have several hacks) is
> messing up the program.
> had the sam problem with one ot my teen woohoo hacks.
>
> The only solution and it is time consuming is to remove all your downloads
> and run the program in it's original format to see if the problem is still
> there.
> if the problems gone then you'll have to reinstall your downloads in lots
> of ten. Once you've done that you'll need to restart the progam to test
> it.
> I think the downloads for clothes are safe it's the hack to modify
> behaviour that will be your problem.
>
> "bd85tx" <bd85tx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Has anyone had a problem with Sims not changing into the appropriate
>> outfit on special occasions?
>>
>> In uni, when you throw a graduation party, the Graduate and one of the
>> guests will don a cape and gown. And when one gets inducted into the
>> Secret Society, the Sims change into the Blazer. My game has stopped
>> doing that. They make the swoosh sound that accompanies a change of
>> clothes, and no change, or do nothing at all. The Secret Society member
>> that shows up to abduct the Sim is dressed in a cop uniform, and at the
>> Mansion, everyone is dressed in regular clothing.
>>
>> Also, some of the little icons in the queue are blank. Just solid blue
>> boxes. Mostly for hanging out and going to class.
>>
>> I had gotten hack to fix all the problems I had been having and thought
>> "Great, now I can relax and enjoy the game!" But noooOooo! Now there
>> are new problems!!!!!
>>
>> :O(
>>
>> BD

I just got the Clean Installer. I didn't want to get it, but since I began
having problems, I decided I should try. But I only see the hacks I
downloaded, not any that may have sneaked on with something else.

The Icons for career's are now blank, and the Sims no longer change into
work clothes. The career icons are blank every where. Menus, queues, Wants,
every where. I have heard about career hacks that some how are attached to
skins, how could you tell with Clean Installer? Will they show up as red
also?

Thanks,

BD
> Or they could just use Clean Installer to find the hacks too :)
>
> "black_ravens" <black_ravens@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> it look like one of your hacks (I'm assuming you have several hacks) is
>> messing up the program.
>> had the sam problem with one ot my teen woohoo hacks.
>>
>> The only solution and it is time consuming is to remove all your
>> downloads and run the program in it's original format to see if the
>> problem is still there.
>> if the problems gone then you'll have to reinstall your downloads in lots
>> of ten. Once you've done that you'll need to restart the progam to test
>> it.
>> I think the downloads for clothes are safe it's the hack to modify
>> behaviour that will be your problem.
>>
>> "bd85tx" <bd85tx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Has anyone had a problem with Sims not changing into the appropriate
>>> outfit on special occasions?
>>>
>>> In uni, when you throw a graduation party, the Graduate and one of the
>>> guests will don a cape and gown. And when one gets inducted into the
>>> Secret Society, the Sims change into the Blazer. My game has stopped
>>> doing that. They make the swoosh sound that accompanies a change of
>>> clothes, and no change, or do nothing at all. The Secret Society member
>>> that shows up to abduct the Sim is dressed in a cop uniform, and at the
>>> Mansion, everyone is dressed in regular clothing.
>>>
>>> Also, some of the little icons in the queue are blank. Just solid blue
>>> boxes. Mostly for hanging out and going to class.
>>>
>>> I had gotten hack to fix all the problems I had been having and thought
>>> "Great, now I can relax and enjoy the game!" But noooOooo! Now there
>>> are new problems!!!!!
>>>
>>> :O(
>>>
>>> BD

I think I found a post in alt.games.the-sims that is similar to my problem.
I followed the advice on the link someone provided. I now will play and see
if it worked! (fingers crossed)

BD

"bd85tx" <bd85tx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone had a problem with Sims not changing into the appropriate
> outfit on special occasions?
>
> In uni, when you throw a graduation party, the Graduate and one of the
> guests will don a cape and gown. And when one gets inducted into the
> Secret Society, the Sims change into the Blazer. My game has stopped
> doing that. They make the swoosh sound that accompanies a change of
> clothes, and no change, or do nothing at all. The Secret Society member
> that shows up to abduct the Sim is dressed in a cop uniform, and at the
> Mansion, everyone is dressed in regular clothing.
>
> Also, some of the little icons in the queue are blank. Just solid blue
> boxes. Mostly for hanging out and going to class.
>
> I had gotten hack to fix all the problems I had been having and thought
> "Great, now I can relax and enjoy the game!" But noooOooo! Now there are
> new problems!!!!!
>
> :O(
>
> BD

It worked!!!

Things are back to normal! I hope it lasts!!!!

BD

>I think I found a post in alt.games.the-sims that is similar to my problem.
>I followed the advice on the link someone provided. I now will play and
>see if it worked! (fingers crossed)
>
> BD
>

> "bd85tx" <bd85tx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Has anyone had a problem with Sims not changing into the appropriate
>> outfit on special occasions?
>>
>> In uni, when you throw a graduation party, the Graduate and one of the
>> guests will don a cape and gown. And when one gets inducted into the
>> Secret Society, the Sims change into the Blazer. My game has stopped
>> doing that. They make the swoosh sound that accompanies a change of
>> clothes, and no change, or do nothing at all. The Secret Society member
>> that shows up to abduct the Sim is dressed in a cop uniform, and at the
>> Mansion, everyone is dressed in regular clothing.
>>
>> Also, some of the little icons in the queue are blank. Just solid blue
>> boxes. Mostly for hanging out and going to class.
>>
>> I had gotten hack to fix all the problems I had been having and thought
>> "Great, now I can relax and enjoy the game!" But noooOooo! Now there
>> are new problems!!!!!
>>
>> :O(
>>
>> BD

Congratulations! :)