Noctua NH-D14 and Ram Compatibilities

halodude23

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
I'm curious of which types of ram can fit together side by side with the Noctua NH-D14+3 fans not just 2, and I'm planning to buy new ram soon, so if you have any opinions of ram types that are compatible, please let me know..Thanks in advance

Solution
G.Skill Ripjaws RAM should, according to a newegg review. They're quite short memory sticks and you should be fine.
I'm also thinking that it would be the same with Mushkin Redline/Silverline/Blackline RAM too, their heatspreaders are quite similar to the G.Skill Ripjaws.
Another possible suggestion is Kingston HyperX - their memory heatspreaders are really short, and you should be fine.
Also, Corsair Dominators fit as well - only if you remove the top section of the heatsink.
RAM without any heatspreaders should fit too.

Noctua even has a RAM compatibility list:
http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=compatibility_ram_gen&products_id=34&lng=en
G.Skill Ripjaws RAM should, according to a newegg review. They're quite short memory sticks and you should be fine.
I'm also thinking that it would be the same with Mushkin Redline/Silverline/Blackline RAM too, their heatspreaders are quite similar to the G.Skill Ripjaws.
Another possible suggestion is Kingston HyperX - their memory heatspreaders are really short, and you should be fine.
Also, Corsair Dominators fit as well - only if you remove the top section of the heatsink.
RAM without any heatspreaders should fit too.

Noctua even has a RAM compatibility list:
http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=compatibility_ram_gen&products_id=34&lng=en

Solution
Typically the memory modules with the extra heatspreaders that look like a comb are a problem. It is usually the memory slot closest to the cpu socket that interferes with tower style heatsinks.

Memory modules with standard height heatspreaders or without heatspreaders are okay.

Here's a handy tip that you will save you some frustration. Install the memory modules before you install the cpu heatsink. It is a lot easier that way.

halodude23

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009

Wow, I knew there was a list, thanks for showing me!^^