Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
My new build
Gigabyte MA770T-UD3P Rev. 1
Corsair TX650W
AMD X3 435 with stock cooler
Radeon HD 4650
WD IDE 250GB Drive
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Model F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM
Windows 7 Prof. 64 bit

It booted up with no problem. It ran fine for a couple of days and then became unstable. The first test I ran was with Microsoft's Windows Diagnostic Tool. On the first test, rather quickly, it gave me a hardware problem detected message. So I then ran Memtest 86+ v. 4.0 (22 passes while I was away at work) with no errors. I also checked the CPU temp which was sort of weird in that Lavalys showed the core temps to be in a range of 27-27C but the CPU was at 79C (and seemed stuck at that temp no matter what I did) but Coretemp vers 0.99.5 showed the CPU (correctly identified) as running at 30C. I have not OC nor modified any of the auto settings on the MB. I'm rather new at this so I'm trying to figure out since my ram tests out okay, is it more likely that I have a MB problem, CPU problem or there's more testing that I need to do (I have checked all of the connectors to verify that they are fully plugged in, in the correct places, and that the CPU, PSU, Ram and video card are properly seated). Thanks for any insights (this is fun but I know I have a lot to learn).

Mark

^ Am not sure if this might be a reason for the temps but have you set the ACC option to AUTO on the mobo ?
If Yes, then it would unlock the cores, thereby the temps diode on the CPU stop working(Which is a known issue)...and also the instability might be because of the 4th core being unstable...
So check this settings in the BIOS and post back...

markjf

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010

ACC is disabled and the EC Firmware selection is set to normal. That would have been a nice solution.