Best DDR2 AMD MoBo

groo

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008
I'd like to update my Mobo to something with good suport and OCing options.

I'd like to stick to AMD so I can continue to swap CPUs back and forth with my other machines and upgrade 1 piece at a time.
microATX would be more convienent, and I never plan to crossfire/SLI. OBG would be a plus so it can serve in a HTPC role if need be. My current HTPC has be a nightmare of bad Mobos, all Gigabyte 760Gs. 3 or 4 bords in a row, either DOA or dead within a month.

I could be talked into an Intel based system, but I have 8gb of Corsair Dominator in DDR2 so DDR3 is not an option.

whooleo

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
I recommend an MSI AMD 785GTM-E45 it uses an AM2+ socket for the most compatibility,up to 8 GB of DDR2 1066MHZ RAM,an easy OC switch on the motherboard that lets you OC up to 20%,overclocking controls in the bios with a core unlock feature, one PCI Express 16x,two PCI,one PCI Express 1x,ATI Radeon HD 4200 IGP with DVI,HDMI(audio out too),VGA. ALL in a mATX form factor. Pretty cheap too!

groo

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008

like I implied, I have another AM2 system, plus lots of other parts. I was able to test every indivdual component. It is the motherboards. I didn't even fire them all up with the same PSU, and the PSUs in question never damaged my old Abit board.