  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 9:48:09 PM

I saw this before (and posted myself), but have not seen anything lately.

I had a Sim in his junior year go to take his midterm final. I got a
message that it was "Time so and so joins the real world". When he
returned, he got an A, and got on the Dean's list and the 1200 dollars. He
then age transitioned and caught the cab back home.

What causes this? Is it random? Is it a bug?

This is the second Sim it has happened to. And it does make a difference.
They have regrets about not finishing. At least the first one (Dustin
Broke) did.

BD

More about : kicked university

Anonymous
July 30, 2005 12:33:15 AM

"bd85tx" <bd85tx@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I saw this before (and posted myself), but have not seen anything lately.
>
> I had a Sim in his junior year go to take his midterm final. I got a
> message that it was "Time so and so joins the real world". When he
> returned, he got an A, and got on the Dean's list and the 1200 dollars. He
> then age transitioned and caught the cab back home.
>
> What causes this? Is it random? Is it a bug?
>
> This is the second Sim it has happened to. And it does make a difference.
> They have regrets about not finishing. At least the first one (Dustin
> Broke) did.
>
> BD

I think its a shame that you can't send adults back to university, they can
live in an apartment with their family in tow (they endure the hardship as
well) OR they can do some sort of home study thing like University of
Phoenix.... Allows adult sims to complete an aspiration, allows adult sims
to change career fields, allows a new interaction between adult sims and
youth sims, and the resultant age barriers that occur in a real university,
and opens up a career field in education... Go from Teaching Assistant... to
Elementary, to Secondary, to Undergrad teacher, to Grad teacher... to
Dean.... downside is that it requires family to live in college town......
July 30, 2005 4:51:11 AM

"bd85tx" <bd85tx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I saw this before (and posted myself), but have not seen anything lately.
>
> I had a Sim in his junior year go to take his midterm final. I got a
> message that it was "Time so and so joins the real world". When he
> returned, he got an A, and got on the Dean's list and the 1200 dollars. He
> then age transitioned and caught the cab back home.
>
> What causes this? Is it random? Is it a bug?
>
> This is the second Sim it has happened to. And it does make a difference.
> They have regrets about not finishing. At least the first one (Dustin
> Broke) did.
>
> BD

Yeah same twice happen to me. I don't know why ?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 11:28:04 AM

bd85tx wrote:

> What causes this? Is it random? Is it a bug?

It is a known bug according to the bbs at thesims2.com.

Best regards,
Boerge
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 4:39:03 PM

I just answered this again recently:

Yes, it's a bug and there's a fix at either Various Simmers

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/index.php

or Pescado

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf//index.php

Sorry I can't remember which hacker made it - Pescado or TwoJeffs.

Best wishes
maxon

"bd85tx" <bd85tx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I saw this before (and posted myself), but have not seen anything lately.
>
> I had a Sim in his junior year go to take his midterm final. I got a
> message that it was "Time so and so joins the real world". When he
> returned, he got an A, and got on the Dean's list and the 1200 dollars. He
> then age transitioned and caught the cab back home.
>
> What causes this? Is it random? Is it a bug?
>
> This is the second Sim it has happened to. And it does make a difference.
> They have regrets about not finishing. At least the first one (Dustin
> Broke) did.
>
> BD

Anonymous
July 30, 2005 4:39:04 PM

Thank for replying!

I searched both sites and could not find anything for this specific problem.
I already have the hack to fix the problem of Sims not getting credit for
going to class or the final. It works great.

This is a separate problem. They go to class and everything and are doing
well. Then the message just pops up that they need to go back to the real
world. With the other problem, they never got thrown out, I was able to
graduate a few Sims with some very poor GPAs! I couldn't find anything that
addressed this.

Oh, well.

BD

>I just answered this again recently:
>
> Yes, it's a bug and there's a fix at either Various Simmers
>
> http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/index.php
>
> or Pescado
>
> http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf//index.php
>
> Sorry I can't remember which hacker made it - Pescado or TwoJeffs.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon
>

> "bd85tx" <bd85tx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I saw this before (and posted myself), but have not seen anything lately.
>>
>> I had a Sim in his junior year go to take his midterm final. I got a
>> message that it was "Time so and so joins the real world". When he
>> returned, he got an A, and got on the Dean's list and the 1200 dollars.
>> He
>> then age transitioned and caught the cab back home.
>>
>> What causes this? Is it random? Is it a bug?
>>
>> This is the second Sim it has happened to. And it does make a
>> difference.
>> They have regrets about not finishing. At least the first one (Dustin
>> Broke) did.
>>
>> BD

July 31, 2005 5:25:17 AM

I don't think its bug because the window message pop up; "Time so and so
joins the real world".
Anonymous
July 31, 2005 3:32:17 PM

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 01:25:17 GMT, Wesley <Wesley@suzukivroomvroom.com.de>
wrote:

> I don't think its bug because the window message pop up; "Time so and so
> joins the real world".

Normally this message will come if you overstay your welcome after
graduation - you have a few days to stay with your friends and then you
are forced to leave if you haven't done so on your own. The message is
not a bug. The fact that it happens at the wrong time is.

good sign." -G
August 1, 2005 5:10:00 AM

"Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message
news:o psurt3310b52ai9@news.online.no...
> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 01:25:17 GMT, Wesley <Wesley@suzukivroomvroom.com.de>
> wrote:
>
>> I don't think its bug because the window message pop up; "Time so and so
>> joins the real world".
>
> Normally this message will come if you overstay your welcome after
> graduation - you have a few days to stay with your friends and then you
> are forced to leave if you haven't done so on your own. The message is
> not a bug. The fact that it happens at the wrong time is.

Oh I see. I understand now.

Thanks