Getting kicked out of University

I saw this before (and posted myself), but have not seen anything lately.

I had a Sim in his junior year go to take his midterm final. I got a
message that it was "Time so and so joins the real world". When he
returned, he got an A, and got on the Dean's list and the 1200 dollars. He
then age transitioned and caught the cab back home.

What causes this? Is it random? Is it a bug?

This is the second Sim it has happened to. And it does make a difference.
They have regrets about not finishing. At least the first one (Dustin
Broke) did.

BD
8 answers Last reply
More about getting kicked university

    "bd85tx" <bd85tx@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > I saw this before (and posted myself), but have not seen anything lately.
    >
    > I had a Sim in his junior year go to take his midterm final. I got a
    > message that it was "Time so and so joins the real world". When he
    > returned, he got an A, and got on the Dean's list and the 1200 dollars. He
    > then age transitioned and caught the cab back home.
    >
    > What causes this? Is it random? Is it a bug?
    >
    > This is the second Sim it has happened to. And it does make a difference.
    > They have regrets about not finishing. At least the first one (Dustin
    > Broke) did.
    >
    > BD

    I think its a shame that you can't send adults back to university, they can
    live in an apartment with their family in tow (they endure the hardship as
    well) OR they can do some sort of home study thing like University of
    Phoenix.... Allows adult sims to complete an aspiration, allows adult sims
    to change career fields, allows a new interaction between adult sims and
    youth sims, and the resultant age barriers that occur in a real university,
    and opens up a career field in education... Go from Teaching Assistant... to
    Elementary, to Secondary, to Undergrad teacher, to Grad teacher... to
    Dean.... downside is that it requires family to live in college town......

    "bd85tx" <bd85tx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I saw this before (and posted myself), but have not seen anything lately.
    >
    > I had a Sim in his junior year go to take his midterm final. I got a
    > message that it was "Time so and so joins the real world". When he
    > returned, he got an A, and got on the Dean's list and the 1200 dollars. He
    > then age transitioned and caught the cab back home.
    >
    > What causes this? Is it random? Is it a bug?
    >
    > This is the second Sim it has happened to. And it does make a difference.
    > They have regrets about not finishing. At least the first one (Dustin
    > Broke) did.
    >
    > BD

    Yeah same twice happen to me. I don't know why ?

    bd85tx wrote:

    > What causes this? Is it random? Is it a bug?

    It is a known bug according to the bbs at thesims2.com.

    Best regards,
    Boerge

    I just answered this again recently:

    Yes, it's a bug and there's a fix at either Various Simmers

    http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/index.php

    or Pescado

    http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf//index.php

    Sorry I can't remember which hacker made it - Pescado or TwoJeffs.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    "bd85tx" <bd85tx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I saw this before (and posted myself), but have not seen anything lately.
    >
    > I had a Sim in his junior year go to take his midterm final. I got a
    > message that it was "Time so and so joins the real world". When he
    > returned, he got an A, and got on the Dean's list and the 1200 dollars. He
    > then age transitioned and caught the cab back home.
    >
    > What causes this? Is it random? Is it a bug?
    >
    > This is the second Sim it has happened to. And it does make a difference.
    > They have regrets about not finishing. At least the first one (Dustin
    > Broke) did.
    >
    > BD

    Thank for replying!

    I searched both sites and could not find anything for this specific problem.
    I already have the hack to fix the problem of Sims not getting credit for
    going to class or the final. It works great.

    This is a separate problem. They go to class and everything and are doing
    well. Then the message just pops up that they need to go back to the real
    world. With the other problem, they never got thrown out, I was able to
    graduate a few Sims with some very poor GPAs! I couldn't find anything that
    addressed this.

    Oh, well.

    BD

    >I just answered this again recently:
    >
    > Yes, it's a bug and there's a fix at either Various Simmers
    >
    > http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/index.php
    >
    > or Pescado
    >
    > http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf//index.php
    >
    > Sorry I can't remember which hacker made it - Pescado or TwoJeffs.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > maxon
    >

    > "bd85tx" <bd85tx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> I saw this before (and posted myself), but have not seen anything lately.
    >>
    >> I had a Sim in his junior year go to take his midterm final. I got a
    >> message that it was "Time so and so joins the real world". When he
    >> returned, he got an A, and got on the Dean's list and the 1200 dollars.
    >> He
    >> then age transitioned and caught the cab back home.
    >>
    >> What causes this? Is it random? Is it a bug?
    >>
    >> This is the second Sim it has happened to. And it does make a
    >> difference.
    >> They have regrets about not finishing. At least the first one (Dustin
    >> Broke) did.
    >>
    >> BD

    I don't think its bug because the window message pop up; "Time so and so
    joins the real world".

    On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 01:25:17 GMT, Wesley <Wesley@suzukivroomvroom.com.de>
    wrote:

    > I don't think its bug because the window message pop up; "Time so and so
    > joins the real world".

    Normally this message will come if you overstay your welcome after
    graduation - you have a few days to stay with your friends and then you
    are forced to leave if you haven't done so on your own. The message is
    not a bug. The fact that it happens at the wrong time is.

    good sign." -G

    "Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 01:25:17 GMT, Wesley <Wesley@suzukivroomvroom.com.de>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I don't think its bug because the window message pop up; "Time so and so
    >> joins the real world".
    >
    > Normally this message will come if you overstay your welcome after
    > graduation - you have a few days to stay with your friends and then you
    > are forced to leave if you haven't done so on your own. The message is
    > not a bug. The fact that it happens at the wrong time is.

    Oh I see. I understand now.

    Thanks

Video Games