Help with a new build

G

Hello, I have order a few parts from a local computer store in order to assemble my first build. I thought it would be in great interest to ask some people with a fair bit of knowledge (thats the tomshardware audience). Anways to the point, I am not seriously concerned about budget but since i am building it myself i would like to keep away from anything extremely difficult ie; water cooling, etc...

CPU: Core i7 975
Ram: Corsair 6 gb ddr3 dominator gt
SSD1: OCZ Vertex 120gb
HDD2: WD 1Tb Black
CD/DVD/BRay: Samsung SH-B083L
Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality Champion series
Power Supply: Corsair HX 1000W
Case: Lian-Li x2000 which was out of stock and was swapped for Silverstone TJ09
Mother Board: Asus P6TD Deluexe Socket [alot of others were sold out]
Video Card: Shappire 5970 oc edition which was sold out as well as all other so for now 2x 5870's
Software: Windows 7 ult 64 bit (obviously :p)

I also bought a pair of pc 350 senns and the new razer mamba :O (not a big fan of wireless but whatever works)

Here are the few thoughts ive been having... I could get the case elsewhere if this case isnt suitable and same with the graphics card but I do live in Canada and getting parts isnt difficult but its also not easy ie; got to be shipped here or ordered at the stores. I have already paid for this build it cost me roughly 5600 CAD including perpihirals. I know this may sound demanding but if there are any solutions or thoughts please inform me immediately so i can make changes.

Thank you very much for you time it is highly appreciated

Kyle

grossemesser

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
Looks great... aren't you interested in the MSI Eclipse Plus motherboard?? i belive it is better, a little bit more expensive, but it's worth it.
A case with better air flow would be the HAF 932 from CoolerMaster, or as far as i can say the best case a Corsair Obsidian Deries 800D
You may want to check it out

G

Now my knowledge of cases is not really the best... However I read on a review that the noise dampening inside of the HAF leads to some warmth. Another thing is that I was considering a case that is plain and not really "fancy" thats why I ended up with to brushed aluminum black cases. However, im willing to sacrifice looks for performace. I really appreicate these suggestions please help me choose a great cpu heatsink if you have the time... I read about a prolimatech... heard it was great but cant find it anywhere :p. I was also curious about the gigabyte being compatible with all te memory and if they support the ddr3 2000, also not the best with motherboards and complex understandings but and more then willing to hear why this motherboard is the better choice over all motherboards.

grossemesser

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
Don't forget to check out the Corsair Obsidian...There's two options for HSF... Coolermaster V8 or the best option in my opinion would be a Corsair closed-loop water cooling system, exclusively for the CPU so it is not a complete water cooling system. If you wish to check out the specs you should go to the manufacturer's website, here's the mobo you selected:
http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=1H6537GW0fPVHNhO&templete=2
btw you made a good choice for a motherboard, it allows for good overclocking i belive (as far as i have read in many articles)

G

I just looked at the corsair Obsidian. This case is good air cooling or it is because it resembles the nice look of brushed aluminum? havent read anything about it yet. I am now reading about the motherboard. I cant find a dealer close by me i usually use tigerdirect.ca ncix.com and canadacomputers.com as my first options. Neweggs choice just like tigerdirects is very limited with us Canadians lol. regaurdless you mentioned a water cooler does this water cooler have any charts?